Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Do you list your prices?

aohara2001
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Do you list your prices?

I am interested if you list all of your wedding pricing on your website, starting price only or no price at all?

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:58 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Do you list your prices?

For our main brand, no. We bid the jobs based on a number of variables (season, day of week, any travel time/lodging, etc).

Potential customer gets a semi-custom PDF with rate and optional enhancements.

We get more tire-kickers that way. Only downside.

Dec 15, 2016 at 01:10 PM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Do you list your prices?

Starting price on website which is the minimum I'm willing to work for.

Beyond that, I have two price lists. One for emails that are clearly copy-and-paste and set to every photographer on the top 20 Google hits. These people get an equally generic response back with a link to hourly rates and a la carte options.

And a second which is a custom quote for referrals, unique weddings, odd dates, etc.

Dec 15, 2016 at 02:03 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Do you list your prices?

Yes I put starting prices and then I also tell potential clients what our average client ends up spending.

Dec 15, 2016 at 03:58 PM
t4haughton
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Do you list your prices?

I list a starting price so as to give clients an idea. Most clients that see no pricing assume you are too expensive for them.

Beyond that I custom quote everything. Before anyone gets detailed pricing information I send a questionnaire that asks for all the details (contact info like names and home address, venues, timeline.) It also asks a few questions like how they were referred to me, what they like about my photos/style, whether they're interested in an engagement session, books, photo booth, etc. And the final and most important question - What is your budget for wedding photography?

Only armed with all that information can I properly give pricing. Essentially, I have three tiers of pricing that are ready to go, but I can go totally custom if something requires it.

There's no reason a Saturday in September should be priced the same as a Friday in April. I like shooting in loft spaces and outdoor ceremonies. So I don't feel bad about charging more to shoot in a church or hotel ballroom.

Dec 15, 2016 at 06:23 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Do you list your prices?

This topic has come up before ( haven't they all) and there was some strong opinion on it. I'll be interested to see if that general consensus has changed any from last time as things tend to in this game.
Seen black turn to white more than once so it will be interesting to see the responses now to this valid topic.

Dec 15, 2016 at 08:30 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.