Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · RAW processing on iPhone 7 with Lightroom. Which adapter do you use?

ChrisAttebery
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · RAW processing on iPhone 7 with Lightroom. Which adapter do you use?

Hello, I have a Canon 6D and I use Canon's Camera Connect to download pictures to my iPhone 7 Plus. Most of them time this is all I need for posting to FB. Once in awhile I'd like to do a major crop or edit to the picture though and a relatively low resolution jpg isn't a good place to start.

I'm looking at Apple's Lightning to USB and Lightning to SD adapters. I'm wondering if one would be faster or more stable than the other. Do any of you have an educated option?

Thanks,

Chris

Dec 13, 2016 at 06:28 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · RAW processing on iPhone 7 with Lightroom. Which adapter do you use?

6D is a SD card body . get the SD reader . if you connect using the USB dongle you'll have to cable the camera to the dongle . even if it was quicker (i doubt) you have more connection points to break and your also reliant on the camera battery not crapping out on you .

Dec 13, 2016 at 06:37 PM
ChrisAttebery
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · RAW processing on iPhone 7 with Lightroom. Which adapter do you use?

All good points Ian.

Thanks,

Chris

Dec 13, 2016 at 07:24 PM
ChrisAttebery
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · RAW processing on iPhone 7 with Lightroom. Which adapter do you use?

A quick update. I bought the SD card reader a few weeks ago. I've mostly used it to crop/PP RAW a couple files on my lunch break and post them to FB or Flickr.

Last week was the real test. We took a vacation and I didn't take a laptop. I PP all of my raw files on my phone (~200 a night). It takes a couple minutes to build the thumbnails for all of the files on phone but once it does downloading the pictures is pretty painless. The most painful process is deleting all of the pictures out of Lightroom after you're done with them. You cannot "select all" inside LR so you have to select each one manually.

Mar 02, 2017 at 05:26 PM
Jeff Donald
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · RAW processing on iPhone 7 with Lightroom. Which adapter do you use?

The iPhone 7s and the adapters you mentioned are just USB 2 speed, through the Lightning connector. The iPad Pro 12.9 is the only iOS device at this time that has USB 3 speed through the Lightning connector.

Mar 03, 2017 at 11:49 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.