Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Good shoulder slung bag that will hold a D500 w/grip attached?

JPuckettPhoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Good shoulder slung bag that will hold a D500 w/grip attached?

I like to keep my grip attached to my camera but every bag I own either isn't conducive to a gripped DSLR body or it barely fits, causing a bulge in the pack that it obviously wasn't designed for. I also like to keep my lenses attached at all times, as I just don't like having to take out multiple pieces and put everything together before shooting.

Any recommendations on bags that would fit a gripped D500 with Sigma 18-35/1.8 or Nikon 85/1.8? Bonus if it would fit the other lens on the side somewhere with the other attached.

Thanks all!

Dec 12, 2016 at 08:26 PM
Robin Smith
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Good shoulder slung bag that will hold a D500 w/grip attached?

How about a holster? They are usually designed for use with gripped bodies. Lowepro, ThinkTank etc make them. I like the Lowepro ones. Just pick the one with the right length for your body and lens combo.

With Lowepro, you can get stand alone lens cases that fit to the side of the holster for another lens. I use one for Canon 5D+24-70, and the 70-200mm goes in the supplementary case.

Dec 13, 2016 at 03:53 PM
ariot
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Good shoulder slung bag that will hold a D500 w/grip attached?

I have used Domke bags for years. I have other shoulder bags (Crumpler, Billingham) but they rarely see use.

My top two Domke are an F2 that is more than 20 years old and a newer Chronicle (won in a giveaway).

You can reconfigure them for whatever you want.

You could go smaller for a gripped body + zoom +prime, but I find I always want to stuff extra things in the bag. Plus, you like the camera with a lens on it.

Some people lament the lack of padding in the classic Domke canvas bags, but I haven't ever had a problem.

Dec 13, 2016 at 04:17 PM
walts.photo
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Good shoulder slung bag that will hold a D500 w/grip attached?

Think Tank Retrospective 20. Holds a gripped or pro body with 70-200 2.8. It's a bit heavy but will probably take some abuse.

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:10 AM
JPuckettPhoto
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Good shoulder slung bag that will hold a D500 w/grip attached?

Thank you all for the conversation on this.

Dec 21, 2016 at 09:38 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.