New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Is The GX8 My E-M1 Replacement?

notherenow
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Is The GX8 My E-M1 Replacement?

jwin wrote:
Thank you.

This is indeed good news regarding the Kipon adapter when using with newer Panasonic MFT IBIS equipped GX85/G85. I can eventually move up to them from my current GX7 and will be happy to get IBIS support on the newer cameras. GX85 prices are starting to hit the below $500 sweet spot this holiday season, very tempting.

I have been running V2.6 firmware on Kipon since they released it earlier 2016, it just doesn't work well with GX7's IBIS system on any EF mount lenses with electrical contact. GX7 IBIS works fine with manual/non-AF adapted lenses.

I thought it was the Kipon not the GX7 that did that. That is how it works for me with the GX7 and Kipon adapter. ALL Canon lenses disable IBIS as if they had IS.

Not much of an issue with the GX7 as its IBIS isn't the greatest but it does still have some use. At least the little IS ii APSC kit lens has half decent stabilization for me.

Dec 28, 2016 at 04:32 AM
kpevav

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Is The GX8 My E-M1 Replacement?

jhinkey wrote:
Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the "hissing" sound the G85 makes when turned on? I've turned off the IBIS, but it's still there. Just wondering if I have something else turned on that's causing it. It may just be a permanent sound the camera makes, but seems like it won't make for good audio during video recordings.

How is the hissing sound on the G85 compared to the IBIS sound on the E-M1? I realize the E-M1 sound is only when the shutter is activated through half-pressing, but wonder if the sounds are similar. I sold my E-M1 and am about to order a G85, but am cautious about the sound. I am not terribly worried about the video implications, just the level of sound as it is a bit distracting.

Jan 03, 2017 at 10:30 AM
       end

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password