New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · IPad Pro raw workflow & external storage

frank gross
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · IPad Pro raw workflow & external storage

Can anyone share their iPad Pro raw file workflow from camera to storage please.

I'm not so keen on cloud based options as they're slow up/down and better for smaller files.
Also they're focused on synchronization which could mean deleting it off the cloud if you delete from the camera roll, before saving to your desktop.

There seem to be many wireless drives and sticks for backing up the files but none appear to be able view raw files, although they can transfer them.

I'd like to know what you have found to work best.
My hope (when it arrives) is to bring my raw files into the iPad using either apple's camera adapter or card reader. Then process the files with a raw capable app like Lightroom mobile or snapseed or viscous. Then save/backup the files to an external drive and be able to open them on my mac at home. Apparently there is away to export the .xmp sidecar file so that when you open the file in adobe camera raw or Lightroom, your edits will be intact?

I will be away from my computer so I can't just connect the iPad directly to my desktop mac with the lightning to USB charge cable.

It's pretty uncharted territory so I'd appreciate help getting this all setup.
Thanks,
Frank

Dec 10, 2016 at 04:42 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.