New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Interesting Find Tonight

brian_f2.8
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Interesting Find Tonight

Today I received a XT-2 along with a 50-140 from lensrental.com. I rented this for an assignment tomorrow. When I mounted the 50-140 on my X-Pro 1, I accidentally hit the lever to switch to the OVF. When I did this, I got the ability use the OVF with the 50-140. I was impressed since, I am unable to use the OVF with my 90mm. The bottom right is blocked by the length of the lens so its pointless to be honest but it was interesting.

Also I wanted to share the performance difference in sensors. I set up the 50-140 on a tripod. I then switched both bodies and took some images of my xmas tree. Look at the difference in settings

X-Pro 1 - 6400 ISO, f2.8, 1/50th, 0 exp

XT-2 - 6400 ISO, f2.8, 1/100th, 0 exp

Thats impressive, GREAT JOB FUJI!

Dec 09, 2016 at 09:43 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Interesting Find Tonight

With the 50-140 with the OIS, this is truly good for about 4 to 5 stops handheld. Often I use 1/10 to 1/15 sec at f/2.8 with the 50-140, so ISO is not an issue in low light.

Dec 09, 2016 at 09:51 PM
BokehBeauty
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Interesting Find Tonight

brian_f2.8 wrote:
Also I wanted to share the performance difference in sensors. I set up the 50-140 on a tripod. I then switched both bodies and took some images of my xmas tree. Look at the difference in settings

X-Pro 1 - 6400 ISO, f2.8, 1/50th, 0 exp

XT-2 - 6400 ISO, f2.8, 1/100th, 0 exp

Thats impressive, GREAT JOB FUJI!

I'm not sure what you want to highlight. Is your X-T2 effectively one stop more sensitive at the same ISO? Is it just with this lens, or is the so-called "ISO cheating" gone? Or am I on a completely wrong track.

Dec 09, 2016 at 11:34 PM
brian_f2.8
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Interesting Find Tonight

If you look at the settings I posted, it was a surprise to see the difference in shutter speeds with the same ISO and Aperture. I'm also pointing out how far Fuji has come with their products. So to get the light meter to be at 0, the XPro 1 was 6400, f2.8, 1/50th while the XT-2 was 6400, f2.8, 1/100th.

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:36 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Interesting Find Tonight

brian_f2.8 wrote:
Today I received a XT-2 along with a 50-140 from lensrental.com. I rented this for an assignment tomorrow. When I mounted the 50-140 on my X-Pro 1, I accidentally hit the lever to switch to the OVF. When I did this, I got the ability use the OVF with the 50-140. I was impressed since, I am unable to use the OVF with my 90mm. The bottom right is blocked by the length of the lens so its pointless to be honest but it was interesting.

Also I wanted to share the performance difference in sensors. I set up the 50-140
...Show more

I can use the OVF with my XPro2 and the 50-140... but I wouldn't want to! I just photographed a couple of concerts today using this rig and I did the whole thing in EVF. (By the way, I was also pushing the image stabilization capabilities of the lens for this shoot...)

(One advantage of these cameras for concert photography is that in most conditions you can use the electronic shutter setting and the camera is essentially totally silent.)

Dan

Edited on Dec 10, 2016 at 10:18 AM · View previous versions

Dec 10, 2016 at 01:53 AM
Sr.Cordeiro
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Interesting Find Tonight

It's similar from what I've experienced comparing the X-E2 to the X-Pro2, but only with 1/2 stop difference. I've also read some few reports here and there about this, wonder why this "upgrade" isn't mentioned more often if there was so much over-dramatic fuss about the so called "ISO cheating".

Dec 10, 2016 at 06:22 AM
brian_f2.8
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Interesting Find Tonight

I wish I could use the OVF with my 90mm on the XPro 1.

Dear Santa

I want an X-Pro 2 for Christmas.

Dec 10, 2016 at 07:46 AM
brian_f2.8
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Interesting Find Tonight

Just very impressed with the progress Fuji has made so far. Just imagine the X-Pro 3 and XT-3?

Sr.Cordeiro wrote:
It's similar from what I've experienced comparing the X-E2 to the X-Pro2, but only with 1/2 stop difference. I've also read some few reports here and there about this, wonder why this "upgrade" isn't mentioned more often if there was so much over-dramatic fuss about the so called "ISO cheating".

Dec 10, 2016 at 07:47 AM
Sr.Cordeiro
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Interesting Find Tonight

brian_f2.8 wrote:
Just very impressed with the progress Fuji has made so far. Just imagine the X-Pro 3 and XT-3?

Yes, the sensor upgrade was nice. No idea what the next sensor will be since Sony itself is using the same 24MP APS-C sensor on the new A6500.

I actually find 24MP the sweetspot in resolution, don't feel I need more detail, have a good margin for cropping and also have a good amount of native detail to upscale nicely if needed.

So I would prefer to mantain the 24MP resolution and have better color depth and/or maybe ISO 100. Of course better high ISO performance is always welcome

To further increse the sensor performance in a indirect way, Adobe should just put some of their people as interns with the guy of Iridient

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:00 AM
Lotuselite
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Interesting Find Tonight

To further increse the sensor performance in a indirect way, Adobe should just put some of their people as interns with the guy of Iridient

Don't give Adobe any ideas, they could just buy Iridient out and then make it subscription.

A fair part of Lightroom came from a program called Rawshooter which they bought out.
My copy of Lightroom was free as I had just bought Rawshooter Pro which came with a promise of three free upgrades.
To honour the free upgrades from Rawshooter Pro Adobe gave the first version of LR gratis to the owners of Rawshooter Pro.
Rawshooter was free when it first came out, the Pro version had a cost but it was a great buy at the time.

Dec 10, 2016 at 11:15 AM
brian_f2.8
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Interesting Find Tonight

Well all I can say is that I am very very impressed with the XT-2. My files straight from the camera(jpg) were great. Quick crop in photomechanic and immediately uploaded. I didn't raw as the jpg's were good enough. If I were shooting were I wanted to edit later, I'm sure the raw files would have been great.

Dec 11, 2016 at 08:57 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.