New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Danville, PA - exploring landscape

msoomro
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Danville, PA - exploring landscape

Looking for some location advice around Danville, PA. First time visiting that area and would very much like to explore the landscape within 100 mile radius.

Thanks

Dec 09, 2016 at 08:12 PM
CreationBear

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Danville, PA - exploring landscape

Rickett's Glen would probably be at the top of a lot of people's list, while a bit further afield, Pine Creek Gorge (the "Grand Canyon of PA") would definitely be worth exploring. A bit east of Danville, Hickory Run State Park has some unique natural features, and if you're willing to expand your travel time a bit, the Delaware River Gap might be the most "spectacular" attraction in the area.

On the other hand, that part of the world always impressed me with its "gentle" landscapes--a country road back toward State College through farming country or just rolling up Hwy. 11 above the Susquehanna might get you closer to the "experience" if the light is good.

Dec 10, 2016 at 03:54 PM
msoomro
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Danville, PA - exploring landscape

Thank you Creationbear. These recomendations give me a great head start. Rackett Glen alone has 22 waterfalls i just checked.

Dec 10, 2016 at 05:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

pedwatt
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Danville, PA - exploring landscape

If you are still in the area, and into night photography check out cherry spring state park. It is 106 miles out, but the entire drive is gorgeous

Dec 21, 2016 at 07:14 PM
msoomro
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Danville, PA - exploring landscape

Will do pedwatt. Thanks. Ill be visiting this area off and on for next 3-4 months.

Dec 21, 2016 at 07:39 PM
pedwatt
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Danville, PA - exploring landscape

Also I second the Delaware water gap. When I was up there for work I used this quite a bit http://www.pawaterfalls.com/ they do a good job talking about how to get there once your there, hope that makes sense

Dec 21, 2016 at 08:15 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password