New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · New member self intro - re: the 25 post requirement

gzz2000

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New member self intro - re: the 25 post requirement

Post #4. Since I have to post my way out of the restriction, I think I should use this as an opportunity to introduce myself. Apologies first, because I will not be able to reply to any welcome message, even in my own thread, until I get 25 posts under my belt.

Have been a long time amerteu photographer and long time FM reader. You probably could guess my age if I tell you my first camera was a Minolta X-700 when I was in high school. Have stayed in Minolta land until after my first DSLR - Konica-Minolta 7D, and then migrated to Canon 5D. I have also used many film bodies (Minolta, Leica, Hasselblad, Rolleiflex, Contax, and Mamiya) in the last 20 years. Although I still have a few film cameras in my collection, I am 100% digital now. I think I still have a few rolls of 220 in my freezer, but have stopped developing my own slides about 10 years ago.

I am mostly interested in kids photo (but they have grown up), landscapes, travel, floral macro, and recently developed interests in birding. I am the family photographer, but sometimes shoot events for friends or church as a volunteer or voluntold. I found less time to enjoy shooting, because of work, but nonetheless always try to plan family vacation with photography opportunities in mind. I am probably also a gearhead by most people's standard with a love in well designed mechanics such as Leica M3, Rolleiflex TLR and cars. I currently shoot a SONY A7RII, Canon 5D III, Leica M9-P, and a bunch of glasses.

Glad to join the forum!

Dec 09, 2016 at 09:47 AM
azenis
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New member self intro - re: the 25 post requirement

I never knew there was a restriction.

Welcome to the community!

Dec 09, 2016 at 05:26 PM
gzz2000

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New member self intro - re: the 25 post requirement

Thanks. There are still limitations, but I can use the "Quick Reply" box to reply.

Dec 09, 2016 at 06:29 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New member self intro - re: the 25 post requirement

gzz2000 wrote:
Thanks. There are still limitations, but I can use the "Quick Reply" box to reply.

Hm, I think I know what's going on. It seems that the 3 buttons on the lower right hand corner are reserved for members that subscribe to the image upload/buy&sell services. You can quote a post, like I am doing here, or reply to a post and attach/upload an image or images to your own post. I see that you don't subscribe to those services.

You can reply to a post using the quick reply window but that's all you can do and that without any image upload privileges, etc. I don't think that there is any 25-post restriction besides that.

Dec 09, 2016 at 06:53 PM
gzz2000

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New member self intro - re: the 25 post requirement

I cannot quote a post yet, until after 25 posts. Once beyond that, I think the only limitation is post pictures and sell. I am thinking of selling some Canon and Leica lenses, so I might join as a member soon. Tired of giving EBay 15% every time I sell.

Dec 13, 2016 at 07:31 AM
cwebster
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New member self intro - re: the 25 post requirement

I don't understand your statement "It seems that the 3 buttons on the lower right hand corner are reserved for members that subscribe to the image upload/buy&sell services. "

I see those three buttons and have never subscribed to image upload/buy&sell.

Dec 15, 2016 at 01:08 PM
RACHELALLAN

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New member self intro - re: the 25 post requirement

I am RACHEL ALLAN.I am a Dress Designer . i hav eown bussiness of Dress Making. I love lisent music and reading books . i love to talk with my frds and make new frds

Feb 21, 2017 at 04:03 AM
Mickey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New member self intro - re: the 25 post requirement

Welcome, glad to have you and look forward to your pictures. When I joined the restriction was 1. 😊

Feb 21, 2017 at 08:22 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.