Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · No way to uninstall Creative Cloud?

walts.photo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · No way to uninstall Creative Cloud?

I just tried to uninstall my Creative Cloud on a win7 machine that wasn't being used. Wouldn't let me. Tried separately uninstalling but it said it had to wait for another uninstall to finish. Waited, and waited and waited. Retried several times on all the Adobe apps. Same brick wall.

Finally, I just started deleting Adobe files everywhere on the hard drive. I could delete a few Adobe files, reboot and repeat. After 4 or 5 reboots, I had all the Adobe related files gone, hopefully.

Is mine an unusual situation? Have you ever done normal uninstall successfully?

Dec 08, 2016 at 06:54 PM
Ho1972
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · No way to uninstall Creative Cloud?

No experience with CC, but I'm reminded of a user of Norton AV who said their software was harder to get rid of than any virus he'd ever had.

Dec 08, 2016 at 07:14 PM
aubsxc
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · No way to uninstall Creative Cloud?

You can try using an application like CCleaner to uninstall badly behaved software, remove left over files that are no longer needed, and clean up the registry. Free download here:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Dec 08, 2016 at 09:50 PM
walts.photo
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · No way to uninstall Creative Cloud?

Kind of like in the Matrix movie series. One set of programs has to battle another. Each with their own agenda.

Dec 09, 2016 at 11:22 AM
chris.b
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · No way to uninstall Creative Cloud?

I had no issues uninstalling Creative Cloud when I switched to Capture One last year.

Deleting program files in that manner is going to leave traces. For example, in the registry.

I would recommend running CCleaner now that you've done so.

Dec 09, 2016 at 12:27 PM
jrhoffman75
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · No way to uninstall Creative Cloud?

Sometimes that error message means you need to reboot before the uninstall is complete.

Dec 12, 2016 at 09:36 PM
Mike Veltri
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · No way to uninstall Creative Cloud?

Have you tried to use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Dec 12, 2016 at 09:49 PM
walts.photo
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · No way to uninstall Creative Cloud?

Bookmarked it. I'm probably going to re-install win7. fox and the henhouse.....

Dec 13, 2016 at 03:51 PM
JPuckettPhoto
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · No way to uninstall Creative Cloud?

walts.photo wrote:
I just tried to uninstall my Creative Cloud on a win7 machine that wasn't being used. Wouldn't let me. Tried separately uninstalling but it said it had to wait for another uninstall to finish. Waited, and waited and waited.

The message of having to wait until another uninstall finishes is a Windows function regarding msi files, not Adobe software. Windows will only allow one program at a time to install/uninstall and sometimes either gets confused as to what's happening or the last program you installed/uninstalled was designed by poor coders.

The easiest fix is usually to restart the machine.

Dec 19, 2016 at 12:56 PM
walts.photo
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · No way to uninstall Creative Cloud?

Thanks Mike,

I used the Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner. Went quickly and I decided to keep the existing win7 install. I recently did another fresh win7 install and don't want to repeat the experience. And I generally like installing OS's - it's almost a hobby of mine.

Updating a newly installed win7 is a pain and seems to have a roadblock or two. I had to change some things so that Windows Updated worked. With Microsoft pushing win10 so hard, it kinda makes sense that they might deliberately throw in a monkey wrench.

Dec 19, 2016 at 03:45 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.