Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2016 · What lens are you missing?

Lee Saxon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · What lens are you missing?

notherenow wrote:
That Nikon 300 f2 isn't mythical!

Ha ha no, you're right, not literally. I've noticed that many of them, like many rare lenses, are getting modded for PL. It's started happening to a lot of Leica R lenses too. As a collector-minded person it makes me kind of sad to see. Some of the mods are reversible like Leitax but a lot of them involve surgery :/

Dec 14, 2016 at 01:46 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · What lens are you missing?

I want the Zeiss 50mm/0.7 NASA lens Stanley Kubrick used!

Dec 14, 2016 at 03:16 AM
ZoneV
• • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · What lens are you missing?

Lee Saxon wrote:
My fantasy thread plan for these cameras is for the 180/2 to cover MiniMF like Rich already confirmed the 180/3.4 does, and to shoot portraits with that on the GFX! Or I wonder if the mythical Nikon 300/2 would cover...

The Canon FD 300mm f/2.8L covers real medium format (6x6), I made a Kiev 60 conversion for mine.
Perhaps the FD 200mm f/1.8 L will do as well.
From my estimation the Nikon 300mm/2 covers likely less than the FD 300mm/2.8L.

Dec 14, 2016 at 03:26 AM
notherenow
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · What lens are you missing?

ZoneV wrote:
The Canon FD 300mm f/2.8L covers real medium format (6x6), I made a Kiev 60 conversion for mine.
Perhaps the FD 200mm f/1.8 L will do as well.
From my estimation the Nikon 300mm/2 covers likely less than the FD 300mm/2.8L.

I wonder how Tamron adaptall lenses would go in that regard and if anyone made an adaptall to match any MF mount?

My Tamron 300 2.8 is a nice enough old lens (model 60B) and some of the others are pretty good too.

Dec 14, 2016 at 10:54 AM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · What lens are you missing?

notherenow wrote:
I wonder how Tamron adaptall lenses would go in that regard and if anyone made an adaptall to match any MF mount?

My Tamron 300 2.8 is a nice enough old lens (model 60B) and some of the others are pretty good too.

There are T-mount adapters for many medium format cameras, so T-mount lenses should be a viable possibility if they have a big enough image circle. The FD 200 f/1.8L would make a very shallow depth of field option on miniMF. You would be talking about the equivalent of a 150mm f/1.4 lens on FF 35mm. Very shallow depth of field that would be. Even Lee's Leica 180 f/2, which I am pretty sure will cover the image circle would almost get you there as it would be a about a 150mm f/1.6 or so.
The Nikon 300 f/2 certainly would be shallower, however, if it covers the image circle. For those who are interested Popflash does have one listed for a $1,000 less than the bay one noted on the previous page. It is a mere $21,888. It too has been modified for cinema applications.

http://www.popflash.com/NIK300CL

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:15 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · What lens are you missing?

airfrogusmc wrote:
Easy Leica M 28 1.4 summilux

I'm nuts about my 28cron which is best of my 80 or so lenses, but scratching my head and getting past the 200 gram f/1.1 RF coupled 10-200 fantasy, the 28/1.4 is what came to mind.

Then I saw your post

Next would be Macro Elmar, with full RF goggles.

90 AA or pre AA would be nice.

No, wait scratch everything.

I'll take a 35 FLE

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:22 PM
notherenow
• • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · What lens are you missing?

Steve Spencer wrote:
There are T-mount adapters for many medium format cameras, so T-mount lenses should be a viable possibility if they have a big enough image circle. The FD 200 f/1.8L would make a very shallow depth of field option on miniMF. You would be talking about the equivalent of a 150mm f/1.4 lens on FF 35mm. Very shallow depth of field that would be. Even Lee's Leica 180 f/2, which I am pretty sure will cover the image circle would almost get you there as it would be a about a 150mm f/1.6 or so.
The Nikon 300 f/2 certainly would
...Show more

Reason, I think at least some adaptall lenses would work is that they have been designed for pretty much everything 35mm so I would have thought they would err on the larger size coverage.

They made adaptalls for at least Minolta, Pentax, Olympus OM, Nikon and M42. Not sure they were made for Canon FD originally but have been since (I have one and it seems to be ok)

Then again, I wonder how a 150 or 250 f0.75 MF lens for aerial photography would go? How much they would cost now and how huge would they be?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_speed

Dec 14, 2016 at 01:46 PM
ZoneV
• • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · What lens are you missing?

notherenow wrote:
..Then again, I wonder how a 150 or 250 f0.75 MF lens for aerial photography would go? How much they would cost now and how huge would they be?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_speed

f/0.75 would loose much on digital due to the sensor microlenses.
The larger one would need at least 330mm front lens diameter, likely not very good to carry around :-)
I suppose the distance between the last element and the film plane is short, perhapsd the last element is used to flatten the film, so zero distance between film and lens possible - like on some fast x-ray lenses.

Dec 14, 2016 at 03:10 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · What lens are you missing?

uhoh7 wrote:
I'm nuts about my 28cron which is best of my 80 or so lenses, but scratching my head and getting past the 200 gram f/1.1 RF coupled 10-200 fantasy, the 28/1.4 is what came to mind.

Then I saw your post

Next would be Macro Elmar, with full RF goggles.

90 AA or pre AA would be nice.

No, wait scratch everything.

I'll take a 35 FLE

I love my 35 lux FLE....

Dec 14, 2016 at 03:51 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.