New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

Alex Phan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit with Lead Battery, S Head and Transmitter. $365 instant saving

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1149091-REG/elinchrom_el10430_1_quadra_living_light_kit.html

Dec 05, 2016 at 12:38 AM
tdlavigne
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

Good deal, if I hadn't picked up a RQ kit last week I'd be all over this. *Fingers crossed* that they offer extra heads at a similar discount soon

Dec 05, 2016 at 02:06 AM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

That's the kit I started with added a a head now a second powerpack and battery just ordered a pelican 1444 case and 11m extension cord.

Dec 06, 2016 at 08:00 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

Dang, missed that one! Been very happily using a two pack, four head Quadra system since 2009. Decided to get up to date and add some redundancy, so just picked up the ELB400 HS kit last week for considerably more. Love the ELB400 changes and the light weight of the lithium battery, but $634 for a pack and head kit is killer. That's like 1/3 the ELB kit! Would seriously have considered getting one or two. Only qualm I have with the lead battery is capacity... wish the lithium battery was more wallet friendly.

Here's to hoping that deal, or similar, will resurface for Boxing Day.

Dec 06, 2016 at 10:39 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

That's an awesome deal. Just add the HS Transmitter later.

Dec 08, 2016 at 08:30 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

rscheffler wrote:
Here's to hoping that deal, or similar, will resurface for Boxing Day.

It did, at the exact same price and I ordered a couple!

It's got me wondering what Elinchrom is up to with such low pricing... Just clearing out old stock for the ELB? Trying to compete a bit against the various sub $1000 battery strobes out there now from various Chinese brands?

Also wondering when they'll release their version of the B1 or Godox AD600...

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:25 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

While I'm a big Elinchrom guy, all-in-one gear like Profotos' B1, and some of the Chinese knock-offs have put a dent in the Quadra's sales. Also, I think that most of the people who buy the Quadra are typically outdoor shooters. So, most are buying it with the S (Pro) or HS head now. I don't think Elinchrom needs as many Quadra combinations now. I still prefer the light weight of the Quadra head to a big , heavy B1 though. And certainly other assets like their modifiers and reliability.

Edited on Jan 03, 2017 at 11:57 AM · View previous versions

Dec 31, 2016 at 01:18 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

I agree I really like the size and weight of the Quadra head and ability to keep the pack low on the light stand or ground... But set up isn't as super simple as a self-contained battery powered monolight. The HS capability does add more value to the Quadra, as does the control over each pack from the HS transmitter. I wonder how many rule out the system simply for lack of TTL? For me at least, I would never use TTL in a 'locked down' lighting set up, but could see its usefulness for more run & gun location work, like during wedding shoots where you might only want to spend a few minutes in a given spot and move on to maximize the limited time typically available with the couple between ceremony & reception.

The option of the head types: A, S and HS is a factor that sold me on the Quadra (then it was only A & S) because I wanted something with very short flash duration at full power that wasn't so easy to find with monolights. As a result I bought the A head kits. Funny thing is I typically use the Quadra indoors and mostly for portrait sessions (I was seeing subject motion blur with dialed-down monolights) so the idea of the HS head was initially kind of lost on me. But after getting one and trying it with the HS transmitter, I agree it is quite useful for outdoor work.

Dec 31, 2016 at 06:53 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

I have two quadra packs and batteries one for each a and s head I'm looking to get some elb kits with the has heads and one more a and s head to make two heads of each then two quadra and two elb packs I plan to switch to the lio batteries as my lead gel die.

Jan 11, 2017 at 06:05 PM
AHPZuazua
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

Back up to $1000 so no go for me. staying with cheap equipment starting off 2017 behind

Jan 13, 2017 at 07:49 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

Check eBay several sets there for sale

Jan 15, 2017 at 02:46 AM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

It's on sale at B&H again until midnight tonight ET.... $630...
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1149091-REG/elinchrom_el10430_1_quadra_living_light_kit.html

Feb 06, 2017 at 07:08 PM
dispr

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

rscheffler wrote:
It's on sale at B&H again until midnight tonight ET.... $630...

Price went up $30, currently $659 until Feb 12th..

Feb 09, 2017 at 01:34 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

Still a great deal if it will work for you might pick up one the next go around to go with the two A heads one S head, two packs and batteries and the Skyport stuff I have if I could sell my speedotron and quantum stuff I'd go for it now.

Feb 09, 2017 at 03:09 PM
Red Marx

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

It's now available for $599.00 at B & H.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1149091-REG/elinchrom_el10430_1_quadra_living_light_kit.html

Jun 23, 2017 at 03:38 PM
jchennav

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

This is the clearing out of old stock. The first clearance I saw two years ago was a significant discount on Elinchrom Quadra Hybrid kits when the ELB 400s were introduced. There was another clearance last year for the kits when the included case was switched from the Pelican-style case to the ProTec shoulder bag and the Skyport Plus transmitter was included instead.

One of these clearances was due to Elinchrom switching U.S. distribution from Manfrotto to MAC Group. They might have had another distributor in the interim.

Jun 24, 2017 at 10:59 AM
Red Marx

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Elinchrom Quadra Living Light Kit $634

jchennav wrote:
One of these clearances was due to Elinchrom switching U.S. distribution from Manfrotto to MAC Group. They might have had another distributor in the interim.

I think I recall that time. If I remember correctly almost everything was nearly half-price. I missed out on it.

I'm awaiting the day that the ELB400 is on sale.

Jun 24, 2017 at 01:52 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.