FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       end

F-stop Gear

pizdets17
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · F-stop Gear

I found a gently used Satori EXP with a large ICU for a steal, thank goodness I can avoid waiting 6 months from f-stop. I would still like to find a medium ICU but its not a fire.

Mar 23, 2017 at 09:02 PM
walts.photo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · F-stop Gear

A couple of questions:

In the Targhee, can you remove the internal frame pieces in order to collapse the bag? Might be useful to do this for the larger version for carry-on restrictions.

In looking at the F-Stop packs, is there anything that indicates what torso sizes they accommodate? ie, similar to Gregory's sizing chart:

https://gregorypacks.com/gregory_fit_philosophy.html

Mar 25, 2017 at 03:36 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · F-stop Gear

i JUST got this in last night, going to be using this backpacking. I ordered an ICU - should be here today, and heading out on a trip tomorrow.

A few months ago, i loaded this thing with what i need when backpacking - and it felt really balanced! we will see in real life situations.

Mar 25, 2017 at 04:00 PM
rsk7
• • •
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · F-stop Gear

You just teasing or are you going to tell us anything about it? It is a Mammut but what model/size, etc.?

Mar 26, 2017 at 05:21 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · F-stop Gear

Mammut Trion Pro

in lrg thats a big pack

Mar 26, 2017 at 06:54 PM
Todd Warnke
• • • •
p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · F-stop Gear

Yeah, at 27" tall she's a well made pack, but along the lines of the old FStop Satori EXP or the new Sukha. OTOH, she's about $150 less the Sukha. Nice pack.

Peace,

Todd

Mar 26, 2017 at 07:25 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.6 #7 · p.6 #7 · F-stop Gear

Just got back from the maiden trip with this pack. I have to say it is impressive. we hiked 8 miles into a slot canyon, and it handled the weight very nicely.

I did get a cheap ICU deal from amazon, so that will be going back and i will be getting a more sturdy one. It is super well built. My buddy i was with gets click elite bags free (once a year i think), and he was really impressed with the bag!

So far so good!

Mar 29, 2017 at 01:58 PM
Todd Warnke
• • • •
p.6 #8 · p.6 #8 · F-stop Gear

Appreciate the feedback Dustin - but comparing to Clik Elite isn't much of a challenge . BTW, I just grabbed an ICU from the link below. Solid, well made, and affordable.

Peace,

Todd

http://www.a-mode.hk/wpcproduct/in200-camera-insert/

Mar 29, 2017 at 04:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.6 #9 · p.6 #9 · F-stop Gear

wow, thanks for the link! going to return the one i got

yikes - just saw the price. more expensive than my backpack by $120....

Mar 30, 2017 at 12:30 AM
Ischgl99

p.6 #10 · p.6 #10 · F-stop Gear

Dustin Gent wrote:
wow, thanks for the link! going to return the one i got

yikes - just saw the price. more expensive than my backpack by $120....

I believe that price is Hong Kong dollars. The price in parentheses says $46.50, which is close to the current exchange rate.

Mar 30, 2017 at 01:06 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.6 #11 · p.6 #11 · F-stop Gear

ah- makes sense i was confused haha

Mar 30, 2017 at 01:19 AM
Andre Y
• •
p.6 #12 · p.6 #12 · F-stop Gear

I think this might be thread where we're talking about F-stop shipping issues. I ordered a drab green Lotus and large Pro ICU late Friday night, and got the shipping notice this morning. I wanted the Ajna, but when added to my cart, it said it was out of stock, despite the product page saying it was in stock, so I went with the Lotus instead.

I've also been using my Guru UL for a couple of months, and really love it for day hikes. I just need the large Pro ICU for those times when I need to carry two gripped SLR bodies and larger pro lenses.

Anyway, it looks like things ship pretty quickly if nothing says it's out of stock.

Jun 26, 2017 at 08:47 PM
Bacalhau
• • •
p.6 #13 · p.6 #13 · F-stop Gear

well, hopefully they can keep up and revamp their return policy - for me, the belt design and one size fits all approach, but without giving specifics killed the deal.

Jun 27, 2017 at 03:32 AM
GroovyGeek
• • •
p.6 #14 · p.6 #14 · F-stop Gear

walts.photo wrote:
A couple of questions:

In the Targhee, can you remove the internal frame pieces in order to collapse the bag? Might be useful to do this for the larger version for carry-on restrictions.

In looking at the F-Stop packs, is there anything that indicates what torso sizes they accommodate? ie, similar to Gregory's sizing chart:

https://gregorypacks.com/gregory_fit_philosophy.html

Yes, the internal frame is very easy to remove. I have never found the need to do so, since it is also very flexible/springy and the pack is very easy to fit inside the carry-on luggage measuring bins even with the frame in place... as long as you don't overfill the pack. When I am flying typically the only things in my backpack will be a medium ICU, and a gaggle of batteries/electronics. Tripod and everything else goes in checked luggage. This keeps the weight close to carry-on limits and leaves the pack sufficiently empty to fit inside the measuring bins.

F-stop is since size. I am 6'1" and their Loka (2011 vintage) fit well

Todd Warnke wrote:
BTW, I just grabbed an ICU from the link below. Solid, well made, and affordable.

http://www.a-mode.hk/wpcproduct/in200-camera-insert/

It is better to buy here
http://small-order.hktdc.com/
Free shipping, cheaper than directly from A-mode. Plus you can use "sourcing code" WELCOME to save $10. Search for IN03, IN200 there are some others from A-mode too. Good stuff as long as you can live with the bright orange color.

Good to hear that there are signs that F-stop may be getting their act together, they make useful stuff. There are now viable alternatives (the Trion and the Targhee) that carry weight better and give you 95% of what the F-stop gives you at 50% of the price. Competition is good.

Jun 29, 2017 at 07:00 AM
Andre Y
• •
p.6 #15 · p.6 #15 · F-stop Gear

Since we mostly get negative comments on F-stop, let me add a positive one: I accidentally pulled off one of the sternum straps off the thing it slides on on the shoulder harness of my Lotus backpack, and had a hard time getting it back on.

After sending an email to F-stop (actually 3 times because their spam filter kept rejecting my email, and I finally just used the form on their website) with a photo of what happened, they replied to me a few hours later with a video showing me how to hook the strap back on. The trick is to force one open end into the fabric rail while pulling the clip towards you --- I was pushing away initially --- and then as more of it gets into the channel, you can start pulling the clip and it feeds the rest of it in. It's easier to do than to explain! Anyway, score 1 for their support team.

Also, I saw that they finally have a water bottle accessory: the Mano. Shipping if you buy from them has gone up considerably, so I just ordered from their Amazon store which is slightly more expensive, but nowhere as expensive as with their direct shipping ($19 for a little accessory!). There's also a filter bag, and some accessory pouches.

Nov 07, 2017 at 07:13 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password