1       2       3       4      
       6       end

F-stop Gear

RobAmy
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · F-stop Gear

GroovyGeek wrote:
Mostly valid points, except for the CC balance part :=) , I admit defeat and move on.... Will edit my post to make the expressed opinion "less inelegant"

Edited my post also due to your edit

Jan 02, 2017 at 01:05 PM
RobAmy
• • • • •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · F-stop Gear

sjms wrote:
on the CC issue and carrying a balance. the first and foremost rule of the CC don't use it unless you can pay it off at the end of each cycle.

I do not think many know this rule with the CC debt in this country. Must be in the fine print

Jan 02, 2017 at 01:08 PM
RobAmy
• • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · F-stop Gear

Imagine how good this company could be with good business practice, they survived this long like doing business like they do, too bad really. People obviously like the product but the business side needs some tweaking.

Jan 02, 2017 at 01:15 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · F-stop Gear

When I ordered my Ajna I also ordered the XL ICU. F-stop website said XL ICU ships in 8 weeks whereas RB Ajna was in stock. They both shipped out of HK the next day via Airmail.

There inventory tracking is less than stellar but it is nice that a few of us managed to snag some bags/ICU in a timely manner over the past 2 months.

Still if they list something as 4-6weeks or longer I'd call first. I wouldn't give them my CC unless it is really in stock and will ship within a few days.

But we all know now how they run the business at this point in time. Knowing this each of us must decide for ourselves if we want to proceed under their current business practices.

Jan 02, 2017 at 03:33 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · F-stop Gear

unfortunately as you said the inventory accuracy is less then stellar. this what is said to be in stock might be also less than accurate.

yep its still a craps shoot.

Jan 02, 2017 at 03:36 PM
VKM2F

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · F-stop Gear

Placed an order for a Red Bull Ajna on December 30th, received it today (Jan 11). I know all the horror stories, but I have to say I've never had a problem. This is my 4th bag over the years, along with various ICUs, and I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones to have never experienced any prolonged delay. I am truly curious as to how their performance can seemingly vary so wildly.

They even threw in one of their Redfern pouches which was a nice touch!

Jan 11, 2017 at 06:42 PM
rwolson

p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · F-stop Gear

rwolson wrote:
I recently ordered a Lotus and another Medium Slope ICU. I received email notifications they're arriving next week. YES!

Received my Lotus and ICU last week Fortunately, I've never experienced the horror stories I've read about. I've purchased a Tilopa and other items from the company over the years.

Jan 12, 2017 at 01:55 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · F-stop Gear

maybe they are trying to turn a corner or maybe they're getting ready for another "conference"

Jan 12, 2017 at 03:06 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · F-stop Gear

I order a Shibata from F-Stop on January 1 and it made it to Hawaii on January 9. They didn't bother with a shipment notice or tracking but they mailed it in a timely manner. Similar service to another bag I bought a couple years back.

Jan 12, 2017 at 07:36 AM
pizdets17
• • •
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · F-stop Gear

Bumping this, anyone know if these guys have gotten any better? Possibliy wanting an Ajna for my Iceland trip in July but don't want to chance getting screwed...

Mar 11, 2017 at 01:19 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

K mueller
• •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · F-stop Gear

I've recently bought a Shinn from them and had exceptional service.

I'd get ahold of someone though and figure out what shipping in early spring 2017 means to them! Or check their UK store.

Mar 11, 2017 at 04:58 AM
pizdets17
• • •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · F-stop Gear

yea its pretty vague, May is spring too

Mar 11, 2017 at 06:00 AM
peter_n
• • •
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · F-stop Gear

I got a shocker email from f-stop yesterday, they've shipped the gatekeeper straps I ordered way back. Ajna orders are due to ship on April 30th and as of today, gatekeeper straps are still showing as "in stock".

Mar 15, 2017 at 04:21 PM
rwolson

p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · F-stop Gear

Just ordered my Gatekeepers via Amazon

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:14 AM
booja

p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · F-stop Gear

i recently bought a brooklyn sling on clearance from them. took like a week to process the order. after it processed it got it about 4 days later. i was emailed of processed order and tracking number.

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:30 PM
rstoddard11
• •
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · F-stop Gear

F-Stop to me is sort of like the "Yeti" of bags.

Do I need to keep a human heart on ice for a week or prevent a grizzly bear from eating my sandwiches and beers or am I ok keeping ice in my $35 Coleman for a mere 18 hours and buy another $1.29 of ice in a real emergency?

F-Stop has now become the official "have to have" bag and has great marketing. I have eyeballed some of the compact models, but I just can't see myself spending an extra 50-70 dollars on the lens holder thing, whatever technical name they call it.

I can buy the same thing on Amazon for $10 and throw it in my regular backpack.

I'm not trying to give them a hard time. Great products and marketing Indeed. I just think there may be some cost effective alternatives out there. Who knows. I may relent soon and buy one.

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:41 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · F-stop Gear

you can do it anyway you want. for the way I work the Ajna just seems to make it in the sweet spot where others tend to fall a little short. everyone has their taste and tolerance. do I like the way they do business? a resounding No. they are pretty much complete idiots. but then there are so many of those in this industry.

it does seem though that most of their gear is "a yearly limited edition"

Mar 18, 2017 at 12:00 AM
Todd Warnke
• • • •
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · F-stop Gear

I'm of the opinion that there is no perfect bag ... and have an astounding collection of near perfect bags to prove my point. That said, after getting a Hong Kong version of the F-Stop XL Pro ICU, I stuffed it in my Loka and took most of the kit with me on a quick trip to SE Colorado. When I grabbed the pack and set out for a hike long the nearly dry Arkansas river I was reminded of just how well made the F-Stop stuff is. The pack, fully loaded, is 10,000 times better than stuff from everyone anybody else who makes "photography" packs. Well made, carries nicely, and the rear-opening is perfect.

Like Steve, I think they need to figure out how to run a real business. But when it comes down to using their stuff, it just works better than the other guys stuff. Is it worth the hassle? Only you can say for you, but for me, yes. I have three F-Stop bags, the aforementioned Loka, a Satori EXP and a Kenti. Three bags, three niches filled with the closest to perfect bags I own.

Peace,

Todd

Mar 18, 2017 at 05:20 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · F-stop Gear

After 2 months with my Ajna it has become my most used bag. Like the Guru I've owned for 4 years or more it is really comfortable. I've been lugging 600II, 100-400II and two bodies in it on 3km hikes.

I'm now debating if I can fit all my gear in it for my next trip to CR. But I think in the end the GuraGear Bataflae 32L still makes a better airline travel bag when I'm planning to take a lot of gear out of country. I may still pack the Ajna in my suitcase for use while I'm there but the Bataflae will be my plane bag.

Still for hiking with heavy gear the Ajna wins hands down over the GuraGear bag.

Mar 18, 2017 at 12:31 PM
GroovyGeek
• • •
p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · F-stop Gear

RobAmy wrote:
Imagine how good this company could be with good business practice, they survived this long like doing business like they do, too bad really. People obviously like the product but the business side needs some tweaking.

The business side needs a Stalin style purge,, not "tweaking" :-)

Mar 23, 2017 at 08:19 PM
       6       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

6       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password