New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              5       6       end

F-stop Gear

pacman642
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · F-stop Gear

Just a heads up, F-stop had Lotus' and Ajna in stock, was able to get a Red Bull Ajna today and when I ordered my Lotus a few weeks ago it was in stock. For those wanting one.

Dec 02, 2016 at 10:54 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · F-stop Gear

regretfully the trust factor in this particular maker has been just a little tarnished.

Dec 03, 2016 at 06:58 PM
Fred Amico
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · F-stop Gear

sjms wrote:
regretfully the trust factor in this particular maker has been just a little tarnished.

Agreed, and perhaps more than just a little. Do hope they get straightened out, as they do make very good gear.

Dec 03, 2016 at 07:21 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · F-stop Gear

I have a feeling this is a slow burn on the funeral pyre. some one will step in with revised/improved designs similar but hopefully better.

Dec 03, 2016 at 07:37 PM
pacman642
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · F-stop Gear

Couldn't agree more, I was looking for one a while back, never in stock and they charge your card upfront instead of the pack ships. After a trip to Vermont, I called and got luck with my Lotus. Great bag, still wanted something just a bit bigger, I happened to check again yesterday and they listed them "In Stock" yet had ships in 4-6 weeks on the website. I called and again got lucky with the Ajna Red Bull. Put in on my Amex, worse case scenario is I let them take care of it.

Dec 03, 2016 at 10:13 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · F-stop Gear

If they do have Anja in stock...red bull or not I'll order but I'm not giving them CC with a 4-6 week (read unknown) wait. But I guess I could just trust in Visa to deal with it....hmmmmmmmm. I sort of want the RB Anja also but a black one would be okay.....decisions....

Update: I ordered the RB Anja....the black wasn't in stock. This is the first time in months I've seen them list things in stock. So I think it is legit. The 4-6 weeks seems to be on every item and hasn't been removed. My XL ICU said 8-12weeks but still said 4-6weeks below that.

Unfortunately the XL ICU I want is 8-12 weeks!! Oh well I have the Medium and Small already for my Guru so will stack those or use it empty for the big glass.

Dec 04, 2016 at 01:07 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · F-stop Gear

UPDATE:

Both my RedBull Ajna and XL ICU shipped this evening....
Maybe this company actually has their act together again

They had said 8-12 weeks for my XL ICU...guess they found one collecting dust in a dark corner of the factory

I will update if they actually arrive!!

2nd UPDATE: Wasn't sure last night as tracking wasn't working. They said they were shipping DHL but tracking number looked like HongKong post. This morning HongKong post is showing the shipments en route with no estimate...understandable considering it has to cross an ocean, clear customs and change to CanadaPost.
Will update again when they arrive!!

Edited on Dec 05, 2016 at 05:27 PM · View previous versions

Dec 05, 2016 at 01:44 AM
bgorum
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · F-stop Gear

Who else makes anything equivalent? My Loka has gotten a little small for the equipment I carry and I've been wanting a bigger bag, but also have been put off by all the "new orders ship in xx to xx weeks" messages on their website. However, my back refuses use any of the camera backpacks without an internal frame and I really don't want to just shove my gear into a hiking backpack.

Dec 05, 2016 at 01:06 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · F-stop Gear

bgorum wrote:
Who else makes anything equivalent? My Loka has gotten a little small for the equipment I carry and I've been wanting a bigger bag, but also have been put off by all the "new orders ship in xx to xx weeks" messages on their website. However, my back refuses use any of the camera backpacks without an internal frame and I really don't want to just shove my gear into a hiking backpack.

There are a number of cometitiors now but most weigh more and don't look like they have good straps.

It looks like from my recent experience this weekend that if they are saying in stock right now they will ship. Ajna is 40L compared to 37L in the Loka UL. Next size up is the Tilopa at 50L. I think you need an Ajna or bigger to fit XL ICU.

Dec 05, 2016 at 05:35 PM
pacman642
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · F-stop Gear

Placed my order on Friday, Shipping notification estimates delivery on Wednesday.

Dec 05, 2016 at 08:53 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · F-stop Gear

pacman642 wrote:
Placed my order on Friday, Shipping notification estimates delivery on Wednesday.

I see the RB Anja is not in stock anymore....A big thanks to you for starting this thread as without it I doubt I would have caught the short period of in stock bags.

Dec 06, 2016 at 03:52 AM
RobAmy
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · F-stop Gear

according to F stop the XL ICU is not recommended in the Ajna, this was direct from F Stop

CS Representative1: However, we do not recommend the XL Pro ICU with the Ajna.

CS Representative1: It will fit, but it will strain the main zipper & cause it to fail with use.

Dec 06, 2016 at 07:53 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · F-stop Gear

it will take quite a bit to strain the main zipper on the back or on the top. it is a #10 coil zipper. on the other hand the XL is just a poor fit (top portion inaccessable) on the Ajna. i have a Lrg pro a small pro and a medium slope. why they never did a medium pro is yet another mystery. i have racked stacked and packed that bag many a time.

Dec 06, 2016 at 10:30 PM
RobAmy
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · F-stop Gear

Just passing on the info, I own the Satori Exp with the xl icu. If it will not hurt the zipper then great.

Dec 06, 2016 at 11:23 PM
pacman642
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · F-stop Gear

arbitrage wrote:
I see the RB Anja is not in stock anymore....A big thanks to you for starting this thread as without it I doubt I would have caught the short period of in stock bags.

Anytime, I really liked the Guru pack I had and have been waiting to see when they would have stuff in-stock and those days apparently don't happen often. I was lucky and grabbed two packs in a month.

Dec 07, 2016 at 03:47 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · F-stop Gear

I realize the XL ICU is going to be tight in the Anja and I may well regret getting it but I don't care if the top part is covered by the upper back part of the bag as I'm just going to slide in a super telephoto up into there so I don't need direct access like one would with a bunch of small lenses or other stuff up under the top portion.

I will let everyone know how the Anja and XL ICU get along

Dec 07, 2016 at 04:36 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · F-stop Gear

Another update: My packages were scanned in Whitehorse yesterday....delivered today!! That is actually amazingly fast service all the way from HK. I'm very impressed with this recent F-Stop experience especially reading all the horrible stories over the past few years.

I think the one takeaway is that if F-Stop list as In Stock then it is still a safe buy. I hope the company will improve their supply chain management in the future, I still wouldn't order when they are listed at 4-6 weeks.

Dec 08, 2016 at 12:22 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · F-stop Gear

Final update:

The bag and ICU arrived today. The XL ICU fits easily into the Ajna. It doesn't put any strain on the top zippers and there is about an inch of extra room between the top of the ICU and the bottom of the top flap.

Obviously the top section is blocked by the back of the Ajna but all I'm using that area for is the tail end of my 600II. If I'm not taking the 600II then I won't use that upper portion. 600II fits easily in there with room on the side for bodies, TCs and an extra lens.

Very nice looking bag...glad I took the small risk and ordered and it came so fast I'm very impressed. Now I have way to many bags to chose from but I'm happy I added this one to the arsenal.

For anyone who has been hesitant with ordering from F-Stop based on the recent rumours (as I was), I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a purchase right now on any items they list as In Stock...there are still lots of bags In Stock currently. Snap them up while they are around.

Dec 09, 2016 at 12:14 AM
BijouxandBeads

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · F-stop Gear

I'm going to put a Malibu blue Ajna with tags still on in the buy sell forum within the next week. Husband decided on something else for Christmas. With blue rain cover too. Watch for that if interested. Immediate shipping ;-)

Have the RB myself - great bag, which makes their problems very sad as they could be such a stellar company.

Dec 10, 2016 at 09:12 PM
mark1958
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · F-stop Gear

For the GURU pack--- can you stack any of the ICU units?

Dec 15, 2016 at 04:53 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password