Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

Does anyone use this in their wedding editing? Now that things are slowing down and I have the time to screw around with my own editing again, the thought came up about this tool in LR. I tried it a few times a while ago with limited success, but I thought I would post in case there are people using it effectively

Edited on Dec 02, 2016 at 10:19 PM · View previous versions

Dec 02, 2016 at 10:33 AM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

I think it averages it so unless you pictures are exactly the same framing it makes a mess. I also tried and gave up.

I guess the lesson is to shoot in manual mode

Dec 02, 2016 at 10:50 AM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

I think it's nice if you shoot in a non-manual mode... I've never tried it for that reason.

Dec 02, 2016 at 11:29 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

I've tried it a half dozen times and it's never productive for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Dec 02, 2016 at 11:52 AM
InSanE
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

In fact it is Match TOTAL exposure

Doesnt average anything, it uses cameras exposure settings from selected image and matches the rest if different.

Dec 02, 2016 at 01:36 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

Where is the option?

That's how much I know about it. 😜

Dec 02, 2016 at 01:53 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

InSanE wrote:
In fact it is Match TOTAL exposure

Doesnt average anything, it uses cameras exposure settings from selected image and matches the rest if different.

From Adobe's site: "This command will look at the overall brightness and contrast (as well as some additional in-camera settings such as ISO and shutter speed settings) and attempt to match the series to the most selected image."

Dec 02, 2016 at 04:07 PM
InSanE
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

Mark_L wrote:
From Adobe's site: "This command will look at the overall brightness and contrast (as well as some additional in-camera settings such as ISO and shutter speed settings) and attempt to match the series to the most selected image."

try matching two images with same settings and different manual flash power

Dec 02, 2016 at 04:23 PM
Nathan Padgett
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

I use it often. It only adjusts the exposure setting. It's handy in the right situation. Say you had 3 cameras with slightly different exposures or one that was accidently bracketing. Edit one photo, select the rest, match total exposures. Boom. Done. You can't just sync them, because the exposure were different to start with.

Dec 02, 2016 at 06:26 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

I think I am going to give it a go with the next wedding I edit...will try it on all the ceremony images or other sections where things are pretty consistent. Worth a shot, eh?

Dec 02, 2016 at 10:19 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

InSanE wrote:
try matching two images with same settings and different manual flash power

Will have a go. Maybe I was too quick to dismiss it.

Dec 03, 2016 at 11:23 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

Ziffl3 wrote:
Where is the option?

That's how much I know about it. 😜

https://lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=Match+Total+Exposure+in+LR

Dec 08, 2016 at 12:05 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

I use it all the time. If I have a group of photos with different exposures, maybe one too bright and one too dark. Happens a lot when having multiple shooters. I might shoot the ceremony one way and my second shoots it another way and adjusting hundreds of photos between the two of us might take me a lot of time. So I will adjust one image that gives me the exposure I am going for then select the rest and match them. It is my starting point. Then I go through and color correct, crop and do the rest of my editing. It saves me about 25% of my time editing. Reception photos, this has cut my editing in half. Actually last night I was editing on the new 2016 15" MBP and this was damn fast and I was able to get the wedding edited in 4 hours where on my 2015 13" it would have taken me 6-8 hours.

Dec 08, 2016 at 12:08 PM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Match Total Exposure in LR?

I just edit a single photo & paste the settings on the other. Then again I shoot manual so it hasnt been an issue with me.

Dec 08, 2016 at 04:37 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.