1       2      
       end

Archive 2016 · Best rechargeable batteries

elkhornsun
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Best rechargeable batteries

playerofwar wrote:
Regular Eneloops are the best you can get. With a Maha charger like in the image above, they will last you at least 10 years and more than 500 charges.

Based on what independent testing lab exactly?

I have had multiple Eneloop batteries fail in less than 3 months and with fewer than a dozen recharge cycles.

Dec 18, 2016 at 05:57 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Best rechargeable batteries

playerofwar wrote:
Regular Eneloops are the best you can get. With a Maha charger like in the image above, they will last you at least 10 years and more than 500 charges.

elkhornsun wrote:

I have had multiple Eneloop batteries fail in less than 3 months and with fewer than a dozen recharge cycles.

I have purchased over 100 Eneloop cells since 2006 and had no failures. Two that were were overcooked by a MAHA charger had to be retired not long after.

Although cells can fail due to an occasional manufacturing defect, I'd be looking at the chargers for issues in that case.

EBH

Dec 18, 2016 at 08:44 PM
playerofwar
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Best rechargeable batteries

elkhornsun wrote:

What charger? And where did you buy your Eneloops? I have recieved 1 fake package before from an ebay dealer.

Dec 19, 2016 at 07:38 AM
umgrizz
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Best rechargeable batteries

wjauch wrote:
An Amazon reviewer NLee the engineer has written a bunch of useful stuff on Amazon about rechargeable batteries: https://www.amazon.com/review/R3L93DRAE29PCG

Newegg periodically has specials on the Fujitsu low discharge AA batteries, you may need to be signed up for their email/newsletter to get the specials.

FWIW I have had two LaCrosse chargers go bad after about 2-3 years

wjauch is right. For a complete picture on the various types of rechargeable batteries and their rechargers, read the extensive reviews and faq's written by NLee the engineer on Amazon.

Curt

Dec 19, 2016 at 08:31 AM
Tareq
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Best rechargeable batteries

I am looking for the same but not for AA, i want for AAA because i have a lot of devices that need AAA kind of batteries, and i really can't just buy more and more of Eneloop, i like them for sure, but they are a bit pricey if i buy a lot, so what alternatives there that are good enough for long time even not that long as Eneloop but it is less pricey?

I only buy from eBay, or sometimes from B&H, i can't buy from Amazon and definitely not from one of your links because i am overseas, ebay can give me free shipping many times, and B&H is reliable store that i can have a good shipping and i use them very long time ago, Amazon is nice but they forcing me to use another shipping service to forward to me which is is also pricey and taking time too, i prefer ebay free shipping very long than long Amazon forward 3rd party shipping.

Dec 25, 2016 at 02:04 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.