Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Two recent shots from Bolsa Chica

R Schwarz

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Two recent shots from Bolsa Chica

Longtime member, first post. I retired this year. Blessed to live 20 minutes from Bolsa Chica. I am out of excuses. I need to learn and improve, particularly BIF and processing. I can work in Lightroom but as soon as I open PS, I am lost. All suggestions welcome.
Richard

Nov 29, 2016 at 07:03 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Two recent shots from Bolsa Chica

Both are nice. If possible, a lower angle would give a better perspective ~ Ron

Nov 29, 2016 at 09:28 PM
R Schwarz

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Two recent shots from Bolsa Chica

Thanks, that is the kind of probing I need. When I do sports, I consciously work to lower the angle. I was standing for both of these and certainly could have sat or kneeled for the still bird.
Richard

Dec 01, 2016 at 04:36 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Two recent shots from Bolsa Chica

Excellent images! I really like the second image. Did you take the second image recently? At one time that reddish egret was sighted quite often there but I couldn't spot it in the last several times there.

Joshua

Dec 01, 2016 at 05:18 PM
jdc562
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Two recent shots from Bolsa Chica

Check the tide tables for a strong incoming tide when the light is good (early morning or late afternoon). If you're lucky, there will be smelt or similar small fish flowing in, with feeding action by pelicans, cormorants, terns, etc. Then try to catch the birds at your viewing level. This works at the bridge and dam. As Tim Foltz and others have warned, be wary of thieves breaking into cars at the parking lot.

Dec 01, 2016 at 08:33 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Two recent shots from Bolsa Chica

The first is my pick Richard. I like the reflection in the second, too much peninsular for my taste

Morris

Dec 01, 2016 at 09:37 PM
R Schwarz

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Two recent shots from Bolsa Chica

Thank you all for the comments.

Joshua, the red egret was taken 10/25. I have pictures of a red egret in November and talked to another photographer who said there were 3.

jdc562, I will start to look at the tide tables. I have been using sunrise for my start.

Richard

Dec 06, 2016 at 07:19 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.