New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · 5D4 FW 1.03 Updated Available

arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5D4 FW 1.03 Updated Available

Update for the 5D4...

http://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/dslr/eos-5d-mark-iv?tab=drivers#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25

Changes in the Firmware
Firmware Version 1.0.3 incorporates the following fixes and improvements:

1. Corrects a phenomenon in which the color of images varies depending on the metering mode selected during flash shooting.
2. Improves the reliability of communication when using the EF1.4X III or EF2X III extender.
3. Corrects the level display when the camera is held in the vertical orientation with the hand grip pointing downward.
4. Improves the reliability of communication via USB cable when using the Lens Data Registration function with EOS Utility 3.

Nov 29, 2016 at 07:52 AM
IrishDino
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5D4 FW 1.03 Updated Available

Wonder if it fixes the streaking/banding

Nov 29, 2016 at 07:57 AM
gvg45
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5D4 FW 1.03 Updated Available

Looks like they may have addressed the reports of the battery draining power when the body was off but the extender was still attached.

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:11 AM
memoria
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5D4 FW 1.03 Updated Available

Do you ever wonder if these firmware updates sometimes might include more "unofficial" hidden corrections of bugs (or 'phenomena' as Canon calls it)?. Embarrassing bugs they don't want to put on a sandwich board and ring a bell about.

I don't have anything to prove or support this theory - it's just a general feeling. *tin foil hat on*

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:33 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 5D4 FW 1.03 Updated Available

memoria wrote:
Do you ever wonder if these firmware updates sometimes might include more "unofficial" hidden corrections of bugs (or 'phenomena' as Canon calls it)?. Embarrassing bugs they don't want to put on a sandwich board and ring a bell about.

I don't have anything to prove or support this theory - it's just a general feeling. *tin foil hat on*

I suspect it happens quite frequently.

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:49 PM
kreis

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 5D4 FW 1.03 Updated Available

gvg45 wrote:
Looks like they may have addressed the reports of the battery draining power when the body was off but the extender was still attached.

I did not know this was a thing. Although I feel like the battery life on mine hasn't been nearly as good as the mk3 or sR. If it does improve battery life that will be welcomed.

Nov 29, 2016 at 01:03 PM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 5D4 FW 1.03 Updated Available

ZachOly wrote:
Wonder if it fixes the streaking/banding

I have not seen any streaking banding in my files and i have been shooting with it in many different environments and settings. Have you personally seen this or is this internet rumors.

Nov 29, 2016 at 02:31 PM
photoin.nyc
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 5D4 FW 1.03 Updated Available

Bruce Sawle wrote:
I have not seen any streaking banding in my files and I have been shooting with it in many different environments and settings. Have you personally seen this or is this internet rumors.

I believe ZachOly's referring to http://www.canonwatch.com/sensor-banding-issue-canon-eos-5d-mark-iv/

Nov 30, 2016 at 08:31 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 5D4 FW 1.03 Updated Available

snapsy wrote:
I suspect it happens quite frequently.

Yes, and firmware updates sometimes introduce new bugs.

EBH

Nov 30, 2016 at 08:32 PM
Access
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 5D4 FW 1.03 Updated Available

Very common in the industry, a lot of the companies have 2 sets of release notes, the one for internal use and the one for release to the public. There are multiple reasons to do this, but not revealing or drawing attention to embarassing bugs is one. For instance a bug that caused the camera to lock up (normally shouldn't happen if they use the watchdog timer correctly... most embarassing among those who work in the field.)

Another thing to note is that firmware updates can remove features that weren't authorized, are problematic, causing problems or interacting in wierd ways. A good example is a company that removed ac3 playback from a media player because of licensing issues.

memoria wrote:

Dec 01, 2016 at 12:33 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.