New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Telephoto Conversion Filter Needed

FlyPenFly
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Telephoto Conversion Filter Needed

Leaving for a 15 day trip to SE Asia and would like to pack as little gear as possible. I'm not bringing the full frame DSLR or even the Fuji mirrorless. I'm going to just take my Coolpix A. Only thing I would like is a bit more reach sometimes than 28mm. I have the filter hood which makes it possible to put a 46mm filter on it. I can use step up converters.

Any recommendations for a telephoto filter that I can slap on there? I would much prefer to order on Amazon prime to get it as soon as possible as the trip leaves this week.

Nov 28, 2016 at 03:14 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Telephoto Conversion Filter Needed

I use the Fujifilm TCL-X100S teleconverter on X100-series cameras. It's a bit larger than I would like for such a compact camera, but it works very well. Of course, it's optimized for the X100-series, fixed 23mm f/2 lens, and so I don't know how well it would work with other lenses. It mounts on a 49mm filter thread, and it converts the fixed-lens FF-equiv. AOV from 35mm to 50mm.

Nov 29, 2016 at 08:33 AM
petrochemist

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Telephoto Conversion Filter Needed

Can't suggest a good one but stay well clear of the model I tried when first getting back into photography.
The Neewer model I got had worse IQ than the Christmas cracker magnifying glass I got today!

Dec 16, 2016 at 02:06 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.