New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Posting pictures

DavT

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Posting pictures

I have some pictures that I would like to post on the wildlife forums but the files are too big. I did get the software that was recommended on the site to reduce them but the software is not compatible with elements ( 9.90 down the drain ). Is there someway I can post. I have searched the web site and a lot of information is old. I am new to this and I get the impression that most of you are seasoned veterans but I am hoping for some help. Thanks.

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:54 AM
Fred Amico
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Posting pictures

If you have PS Elements, it can resize images as needed, so you really don't need anything extra. Also, it looks like your upload and sell is "on", which means you can upload directly from your computer to the forum, as long as you meet the size requirements.

So, what you do is edit and resize your image files with Elements, then store in a folder on your computer. Then, after logging in to FM, you can click on "New topic" or "Reply", which will open up a dialog box. In that box you'll see the word "Browse". Click on that, and go find the image on your computer you want to upload. Open it, and presto, it will be attached to your post.

Hope that helps.

Nov 28, 2016 at 01:41 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Posting pictures

in elements 10, under image, is resize. hover there, and you'll see image resize. click that, and then check the box at the bottom that says resample image. Now you can change the pixels width and height For display, you'll probably not need more than 100 pixels per inch

(note, it's been forever since I've used photoshop elements for anything, just bought the bundle for premiere elements )

Nov 28, 2016 at 04:05 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Amico
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Posting pictures

NightOwl Cat wrote:
in elements 10, under image, is resize. hover there, and you'll see image resize. click that, and then check the box at the bottom that says resample image. Now you can change the pixels width and height For display, you'll probably not need more than 100 pixels per inch

(note, it's been forever since I've used photoshop elements for anything, just bought the bundle for premiere elements )

No, forget pixels per inch, as that is a measurement for printing, and has no bearing on the size of an image for posting. All he needs to worry about is how many pixels on the long side, and preserving aspect ratio, or as you put it, changing the image width and height.

For example, I generally post images that are 950 to 1024 pixels on the long side, and no larger a file than 500KB. Some folks use somewhat larger image files as well, but that's the general idea.

Nov 28, 2016 at 05:46 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Posting pictures

Thanks for that. It's been such a part of my workflow that I just keep doing it. For image thieves, it just gives them a really lousy print

I keep my images at 1000 on the long end for the most part.

Fred Amico wrote:
No, forget pixels per inch, as that is a measurement for printing, and has no bearing on the size of an image for posting. All he needs to worry about is how many pixels on the long side, and preserving aspect ratio, or as you put it, changing the image width and height.

For example, I generally post images that are 950 to 1024 pixels on the long side, and no larger a file than 500KB. Some folks use somewhat larger image files as well, but that's the general idea.

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:05 AM
DavT

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Posting pictures

Thanks all. I will give this a try.

Nov 28, 2016 at 01:39 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password