Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!
  
 
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art Lens for only $799!
Cyber Monday Deals Live Tonight @ 12:01 AM EST!! - Expire 11/28

Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for only $799! at B&H Photo

Features:
  1. Full-Frame Format
  2. 3 Aspherical, 2 SLD, and 2 FLD Elements
  3. Thermally Stable Composite
  4. Internal Focusing System
  5. Hyper Sonic AF Motor
  6. Compatible with Sigma USB Dock









Nov 27, 2016 at 07:49 AM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


Probably a better lens than that new Canon version......


Nov 27, 2016 at 12:14 PM
johnctharp
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


arbitrage wrote:
Probably a better lens than that new Canon version......


It's looking more and more like that's the case- and here's where we lament once again that Sigma didn't feel the need to put in rudimentary weather sealing to at least compete with Canikon(y?) on relatively equal ground.



Nov 27, 2016 at 01:32 PM
bjornthun
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


How is it better than the new Canon version?


Nov 27, 2016 at 03:07 PM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


bjornthun wrote:
How is it better than the new Canon version?


Well this one was tested to be sharper than the old one and the new one is testing to be equal, worse and a little better than the old one depending on what criteria you look at.



Nov 27, 2016 at 03:32 PM
Kpjr
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


This is a great lens that is very sharp. I've had zero regrets with its purchase.


Nov 28, 2016 at 02:15 AM
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


arbitrage wrote:
Well this one was tested to be sharper than the old one and the new one is testing to be equal, worse and a little better than the old one depending on what criteria you look at.


Have you identified two version of the Sigma? I had one in late 2013 and rejected it due to serious fringing on a 22MP sensor. When I considered replacing it in 2014 the lens had been discontinued, but reappeared later on.

EBH



Nov 28, 2016 at 02:54 AM
Gunzorro
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


My Sigma 24-105 is a 2013 in Nikon mount and outstanding, matching the most prominent review I read before purchase. Go figure!


Nov 28, 2016 at 03:25 AM
Chris Crevasse
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


How would one best mount this on an A7RII, and would you have full AF features?


Nov 28, 2016 at 03:56 PM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


Chris Crevasse wrote:
How would one best mount this on an A7RII, and would you have full AF features?


You need to use either a Sigma MC-11 (the lens and adapter will have to use the latest firmware) or Metabones Canon EF to E IV adapter (with the most recent firmware) to use a Canon EF mount on your A7r II. You will get almost the full AF features alright but the performance is not quite to that of a native FE lens; close but not quite. There could be some slight differences between the two adapters, BTW.



Nov 28, 2016 at 04:09 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


AGeoJO wrote:
You need to use either a Sigma MC-11 (the lens and adapter will have to use the latest firmware) or Metabones Canon EF to E IV adapter (with the most recent firmware) to use a Canon EF mount on your A7r II. You will get almost the full AF features alright but the performance is not quite to that of a native FE lens; close but not quite. There could be some slight differences between the two adapters, BTW.


With the Sigma MC-11, the lens will perform just like a native including the ability to use EyeAF.



Nov 28, 2016 at 04:51 PM
wallstreetonei
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


EyeAF does not work remotely well with the MC-11 on an A7Rii - even with the lastest software update on the MC-11 - everythign else works fine - but not EyeAF


Nov 28, 2016 at 05:11 PM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


Fred Miranda wrote:
With the Sigma MC-11, the lens will perform just like a native including the ability to use EyeAF.


It doesn't work as well as a native lens does, Fred. BTW, even Metabones has enabled that feature with approximately the same performance as MC-11. I gave up on that feature using anything else but native lenses; I sold my Canon lenses geared for portraits anyway .



Nov 28, 2016 at 05:15 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


I never actually tested. I was under the impression from user reviews that the MC-11 gave good EyeAF performance (With Sigma lenses) while Metabones didn't.
From what you guys wrote, that's not the case at all.



Nov 28, 2016 at 05:48 PM
GMPhotography
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


Yea I thought with the Sigma Eye Af was possible. Wth


Nov 28, 2016 at 05:51 PM
molson
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


arbitrage wrote:
Well this one was tested to be sharper than the old one and the new one is testing to be equal, worse and a little better than the old one depending on what criteria you look at.


And the old Canon version was sharper than the Sigma everywhere except the extreme corners at the 24mm setting, so I guess if the new Canon version is about the same as the old one, it is also better than the Sigma...



Nov 28, 2016 at 06:01 PM
snapsy
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


molson wrote:
And the old Canon version was sharper than the Sigma everywhere except the extreme corners at the 24mm setting, so I guess if the new Canon version is about the same as the old one, it is also better than the Sigma...


"At 24 mm its results are simply splendid. Already at the maximum relative aperture it gets near 44 lpmm and on slight stopping down it reaches 45 lpmm. These values are just slightly higher than those of the Canon and the Nikkor.

The 45-70 mm range provides a bit lower MTFs than those at 24 mm but still you can call them very good, even excellent. By f/4.0-5.6 the MTF50 values get to 42-43 lpmm when it comes to a zoom lens you can hardly demand a better performance. The Sigma also compares favourably with its direct rivals. It is better than the Canon just slightly so at 45 mm but that difference increases significantly at 70 mm. In the duel with the Nikkor there is a draw at 40-45 mm focal length but at 70 mm the Sigma slightly prevails."

http://www.lenstip.com/389.4-Lens_review-Sigma_A_24-105_mm_f_4_DG_OS_HSM_Image_resolution.html



Nov 28, 2016 at 06:05 PM
molson
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


snapsy wrote:
"At 24 mm its results are simply splendid. Already at the maximum relative aperture it gets near 44 lpmm and on slight stopping down it reaches 45 lpmm. These values are just slightly higher than those of the Canon and the Nikkor.

The 45-70 mm range provides a bit lower MTFs than those at 24 mm but still you can call them very good, even excellent. By f/4.0-5.6 the MTF50 values get to 42-43 lpmm when it comes to a zoom lens you can hardly demand a better performance. The Sigma also compares favourably with its direct rivals. It is
...Show more


Maybe your copy performed better than the one I tried...



Nov 28, 2016 at 06:24 PM
thefloyd
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


For mounting on Sony / FE mount - any reason one would use the canon mount / adapter by default? I see the lens also comes in Sony A mount (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1009624-REG/sigma_635_205_24_105mm_f4_dg_os.html) - any reason not to use that along with the appropriate adapter (LA-EA3) aside from already having an adapter / canon glass?


Nov 28, 2016 at 08:44 PM
wallstreetonei
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art for $799!


I have had 2 copies of the newer Gen 1 Canon 24-105 F4 and I can confidently say, on a 5DSR, the Sigma is vastly superior (if you are a pixel peeper) - never mind it is 2/3rd of a T-Stop faster than the Canon - the fact that the Canon 24-105 is actually called an F4 lens is almost false advertising - it is really an F5 lens. If you are looking for a studio type all purpose handheld lens, I could not recommend the Sigma version higher - on a 5DSR it produces stunningly sharp images and the OS is excellent - if I had to guess, I would think based on the first reviews I have read, the new Canon version II should be similar - sharper in the center, better in the longer focal lengths, better IS - and the benefit is that it will have weather sealing - which from a travel lens perspective is a must - the Sigma is really a studio type lens.


Nov 28, 2016 at 09:29 PM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password