Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Only today: Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 FE for $649!

mcbroomf
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Only today: Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 FE for $649!

One other comment is that it's pretty difficult to MF this lens accurately at infinity. It's FBW and when in MF mode a distance scale comes up in the VF, but if you rack it over to infinity it goes past and blurs a little, but it's then laggy and seems to "pause" as you turn it back. I ran these tests 2x with what I saw as "best" focus in the center and got different results both times on both sets (the best are showed here).

Dec 10, 2016 at 07:33 PM
mcbroomf
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Only today: Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 FE for $649!

Looks like I'll have the opportunity to try a 3rd copy. I could not request an RMA for the 2nd copy on the B&H web page due to some order number issue, and the person I called checked the replace box instead of the refund which I requested. Even though I corrected the copy emailed to me I was notified yesterday another copy is on it's way. May as well try it, due here next Tuesday ... 3rd time's the

Dec 16, 2016 at 11:37 AM
naturephoto1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Only today: Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 FE for $649!

mcbroomf wrote:
Looks like I'll have the opportunity to try a 3rd copy. I could not request an RMA for the 2nd copy on the B&H web page due to some order number issue, and the person I called checked the replace box instead of the refund which I requested. Even though I corrected the copy emailed to me I was notified yesterday another copy is on it's way. May as well try it, due here next Tuesday ... 3rd time's the

Hi Mike,

I hope this is the one.

Rich

Dec 16, 2016 at 02:24 PM
chiron
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Only today: Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 FE for $649!

mcbroomf--

Can you explain a bit the process you are using to test the lenses for poor corners, etc.? Why the diagonal shots?

Thanks.

Dec 16, 2016 at 03:18 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Only today: Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 FE for $649!

chiron wrote:
mcbroomf--

Can you explain a bit the process you are using to test the lenses for poor corners, etc.? Why the diagonal shots?

Thanks.

Check out this thread..... Good info.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1432008/0

Dec 16, 2016 at 03:21 PM
chiron
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Only today: Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 FE for $649!

Gary Clennan wrote:
Check out this thread..... Good info.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1432008/0

Thanks!

Dec 16, 2016 at 03:46 PM
mcbroomf
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Only today: Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 FE for $649!

A belated update that the 3rd copy wasn't any better than the 2nd. Generally poor on 3 corners, not as bad as the worst corner on 1st copy, but not a lens for WO astro.

I noticed that the 14mm XP F2.4 Rokinon is slated for arrival on Jan 12th so I ordered one (Canon to use with an MB4 or MC-11) and will update in a new thread.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1308034-REG/rokinon_sp14m_c_special_performance_14mm_f_2_4.html

Jan 10, 2017 at 01:20 PM
triton3k

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Only today: Samyang AF 14mm f/2.8 FE for $649!

I just picked up a copy yesterday from Adorama. Gonna give it some testing in the next few days. So far it doesnt look bad from what i've had a chance to shoot.

Jan 13, 2017 at 03:01 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password