New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Monitor Resolution

Tyr-Sog
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Monitor Resolution

I've been using 4k for a little while now so naturally when I post sample photos they are now 1600x or larger sometimes.

I jumped on my laptop last night which is a 15" 1080p screen and looked at one of my topics are started. I never gave second thought to it but on the 1080p screen I'm scrolling through the photo I posted on my 4k in order to look at all lol. Kind of annoying I know but anything under 1600x on 4 k is like looking at a thumbnail.

Is 4k becoming the norm?

Some sites I know will only display at 1024 with the option of expanding that photo by a top tab above the photo.

Nov 26, 2016 at 05:26 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Monitor Resolution

Where is the option for between 2K and 4K, e.g., 2560?
I won't go above that due to needing some apps that don't scale.
Generally I block oversized inline images on the FM or other forums as being too large and sucking too many MB for phones. Inline images in articles should be of reasonable size and then the user can click on it for the full 20+ resolution.

EBH

EBH

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:47 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Monitor Resolution

EB-1 wrote:
Where is the option for between 2K and 4K, e.g., 2560?
I won't go above that due to needing some apps that don't scale.

That's where I am, at least for my desktop. PS CS6 doesn't scale well on my notebook 3200 x 1800 IPS display. All of the user interface labels and dialogs are too small. Newer apps generally scale OK.

Nov 27, 2016 at 07:40 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.