Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Possibility of a "drone" section?

BluesWest
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Possibility of a "drone" section?

Ah... so you're one of those guys.
Yes, I'm one of those people who don't want idiots with flying toys disturbing the peace and quiet of my neighborhood or ruining the pleasure of a relaxing day at the beach or park -- not to mention harrassing birds at the local wildlife sanctuaries.

For those of you who feel the need to drone on about drones, DP Review has a dedicated section in their fora. I hope Fred is wise enough not to create one here.

John

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:31 PM
chez
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Possibility of a "drone" section?

BluesWest wrote:
Yes, I'm one of those people who don't want idiots with flying toys disturbing the peace and quiet of my neighborhood or ruining the pleasure of a relaxing day at the beach or park -- not to mention harrassing birds at the local wildlife sanctuaries.

For those of you who feel the need to drone on about drones, DP Review has a dedicated section in their fora. I hope Fred is wise enough not to create one here.

John

And what exactly would be forcing you to look into the Drone section if Fred created one here on FM? I personally have zero interest in flash or lighting photography...there is a section here on FM on lighting...guess what, I just don't enter it. Done deal.

Yes...one of those guys....

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:15 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Possibility of a "drone" section?

@BluesWest: 😫😫😫😱😱😱😱😥😥😥😥😥

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:27 AM
wsalopek
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Possibility of a "drone" section?

BluesWest wrote:

John

John,

Something needs to be cleared up here...you are confusing "idiots" with FM-ers.

You are saying you are "one of those people who don't want idiots with flying toys disturbing the peace..."

John...we all agree on that.

But why do you think FM is full of people who are "idiots with flying toys"? FM is full of people who love photography, and who use various kinds of equipment to produce beautiful images.

Imagine if when the first zoom lenses came out, and someone wanted to create a section here for zoom lenses, but other members on the forum said:

"Oh no, we don't want creepy guys trying to zoom into my bedroom window and take nude images of my wife!"

or

"Oh no, we don't want creepy guys crawling around in the woods, sneaking up on wildlife, disturbing birds, leaving refuse behind, etc."

[To the women reading this thread, I'm not being sexist, I just know the creeps are indeed usually men ]

You see John, while yes, ANY kind of photographic equipment can be used disrespectfully and in the wrong way, in THIS forum, you are talking to MEMBERS OF FREDMIRANDA.COM.

Of course this is a public forum, but do you really think "idiots with flying toys" represent any significant percentage of folks who read FM? And even if there were some here, that a section on drone photography would make them behave MORE like idiots? Or might it be more likely that they would be inspired to craft images with their drones on a higher level than before they showed up here on FM?

C'mon John...you are calling FM people IDIOTS. And you've done it more than once. I get that you don't, in general, like "drones" (because of the people that misuse them), but calling your fellow FM-ers idiots is simply not right.

--

Bill

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:50 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Possibility of a "drone" section?

I'd say you are a bit optimistic.

EBH

Nov 30, 2016 at 03:25 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Possibility of a "drone" section?

EB-1 wrote:
I'd say you are a bit optimistic.

EBH

Hey! Quit it! Serious posts only will be tolerated - remember this is NOT a joke forum!

dhlewis wrote:
I posted this thread to help other FM members out. Just what is the purpose of your comments? This is a gear forum, not a joke site.

Muwhahahahahaha!

Nov 30, 2016 at 04:39 AM
jbregar
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Possibility of a "drone" section?

BluesWest wrote:

Cool. I don't want idiots with flying toys harassing birds (or people) either. The difference is, I'm smart enough not to throw the baby out with the bath water and you don't seem to possess that kind of wisdom.

I've never flown my drone in a wildlife sanctuary... am I still an "idiot?"

As for "disturbing the peace and quiet of [your] neighborhood"... unless you live in a neighborhood that has forbidden children playing and the keeping of dogs as pets, I'm guessing your neighborhood's peace and quiet is already more disturbed than it would be with a drone flying around occasionally. I'd also imagine you live in one of those rare neighborhoods that don't have streets... because cars, trucks and motorcycles make a lot more noise than most drones too.

Also, I don't know of too many drone photographers who spend a lot of time flying around a neighborhood. Aerial photos of housing developments aren't all that interesting. My flying in my neighborhood usually consists of 5-10 minutes of testing when I get a new drone or I'm working on different settings or techniques.

Why? Because you're forced to read every post in every forum? Is that some kind of Sisyphean task that you were assigned as punishment for some wrong in a past life? If Fred creates a drone or aerial forum, that doesn't mean you have to read it... it just means that those posts won't appear elsewhere. You should actually WANT something you apparently find annoying to be isolated to one particular area you can avoid. Kind of like your (apparently) Amish-like neighborhood without kids, dogs or motor vehicles.

But it's cool. I get it man... you're one of those guys who -- when he can't understand the value in something -- assumes that it must be worthless and therefore no one should find value in it. I have a particular name for that kind of person, but I won't use it here out of respect for decorum. I bet you're a hoot at kids birthday parties where you tell them that their model rockets are "annoying" and push for banning their RC cars for being "disruptive"... do you pop all of their balloons too?

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:21 PM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password