FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Beautifully Desolate

Kane Engelbert
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Beautifully Desolate

An image from my recent Desert trip into Utah. Its a vertical 5 image pano stitch at 35mm. This area of Utah is becoming more popular to photograph recently so I went out there with the idea of working the different available lighting throughout the day. Blue hour seems to be the more popular shooting hr but I prefer early morning direct sunlight, shown here.

Critique, Thoughts, or Comments always appreciated.

Kane Engelbert

Nov 25, 2016 at 04:23 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Beautifully Desolate

Hey Kane,

This has a very nice feel to it. It also has the look where for a bit the mind is trying to comprehend is it a close up of the ground or a shot from a higher vantage point.

Jim

Nov 25, 2016 at 05:33 PM
WiseTioga
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Beautifully Desolate

Kane;

Well thought out, well composed. You made very good with available lighting. Overall an excellent photograph. One you should be proud of. Thanks for posting.

Nov 25, 2016 at 05:44 PM
DaleBerlin
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Beautifully Desolate

Composition, light, everything well done.

Nov 25, 2016 at 07:41 PM
Kane Engelbert
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Beautifully Desolate

Thanks Jim,

Yea I can see the possible perspective issue. I know you appreciate the foreground-less image as is, but without adding in some of the immediate foreground canyon rim I'm not so sure theres much one could do. Its just one of those scenes I think works without sky or foreground, similar to zooming into the hoodoos at Bryce. Thanks again for the consistent comments to my images since I started posted on this forum loaded with talented photographers.

Kane

Nov 25, 2016 at 09:09 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Beautifully Desolate

These shots seems to be getting very popular lately. Nice job on this Kane. I love this area and got to spend a handful of days here this summer. What a desolate wonderland! Nice job as always.

Nov 27, 2016 at 03:52 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Beautifully Desolate

Fine imaging, Kane. While this type of place is common and often simply hiked through to find the 'the shot', you present it in the right light to take on it's own intrigue.

Nov 27, 2016 at 04:08 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.