FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · GBH - Grey Day, Takes Off -

Tyr-Sog
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · GBH - Grey Day, Takes Off -

Without fail, get some type of new gear and it's drizzly and grey for the next 3 weeks lol.

This guy was hunting while a Bald Eagle was up in the treeline looking down. I was really hoping that the GBH would have speared some large prey that it would have had to struggle with.
My thinking was maybe that the Eagle would have came in for a potential easy scare, wounded fish dropped, and grab a meal. lol .
Unfortunately some lady jogging decided to scream like a lunatic behind me to her buddy jogging up the trail which naturally startled the Huron. 1+ hours of me waiting down the drain.

Somewhat early morning shots, all handheld, medium/large crops, light edits in LR6.

As always, CC welcomed.

miss

Edited on Nov 24, 2016 at 04:35 PM · View previous versions

Nov 24, 2016 at 02:26 PM
louie champan
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · GBH - Grey Day, Takes Off -

Great story and has happened to me more times than I want to remember. Cool shots really like that second one.

Nov 24, 2016 at 02:36 PM
Tyr-Sog
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · GBH - Grey Day, Takes Off -

louie champan wrote:
Great story and has happened to me more times than I want to remember. Cool shots really like that second one.

Thanks louie!

Yeah I like the action shot and with now shooting the D500 I'm going to start leaning more on action/bif. Not as easy as some make it look out to be. lol
The D500 just rips off the shots but on the flip side of that it's so many to go through trying to figure out what split second of a splash looks the best lol.

Nov 24, 2016 at 08:04 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · GBH - Grey Day, Takes Off -

Nice job Tyr-Sog. This is a classic shooting experience.

A couple of months ago I had a woman walking right up the the flocks on the ground taking photos of them with her iPhone and of cause scatter them. I took advantage of the blast offs. She then turned to me and complained to me that i'm spoiling her experience because I'm using flash which must scare the birds. This pissed me off so I calmly told her that NYS law is to stay back 50 feet from wildlife in the preserve and that she was clearly in violation and scaring the birds. Again she complained about the flash and how it must hurt their eyes. I told her ever hear of lighting? Have you ever seen lightning? Are you blind? When she said no, I told her that since she is not blind she must have seen the signs telling her to stay back 50 feet. She started screaming at me so I said, Ok, fine showed her a photo of her on top of the birds and said shut up I'm calling the rangers and pulled out my phone. She left in a huff.

Again, nice job

Morris

Nov 25, 2016 at 08:55 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.