New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · First Sony related camera

trogdon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · First Sony related camera

My first Sony camera, was actually the NEX 5 on the month of release in 2010. It was my high school graduation present, and I've loved The Sony ecosystem ever since! I run a Maxxum 7, a850, rx100, a7r, and still manage to get some use out of the NEX 5.

Nov 24, 2016 at 08:04 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · First Sony related camera

My story with Sony starts oddly. It starts in 1986, when I was an 11 year old paperboy. I had 4 routes and made almost $300/month. Well, when folks would pay their bills (I had to do all my own collections back in those olden days). At our local (20 miles away) shopping mall, we had a Ritz Cameras. After several visits, we decided on a kit of Minolta Maxxum the 50/1.7, and a 35-105. It never actually came to fruition.

My interest in photography wained as cars, bikes, and girls were discovered.

Fast forward to my wedding in 2005. My wife is given a Minolta Maxxum 9000, winder, 35-105, 28/2.8, and a 100-300. Unfortunately, film was not easy to come by nor did I know anything about photography. So it sat. Then I got an American Express Rewards card with 50,000 bonus points. After a few months of large expenditures, we had enough to get a Sony a560. I used it for a while, then upgraded to an a65, a fabulous camera for its time. Then an a99, a7, and finally an a7II.

I have probably have had close to 100 lenses come and go, many of them 50/1.7's and 70-210/4's. I have since left for Fuji as I appreciate the full frame philosophy of lens design and the reach of aps-c, as well as the cost difference. I just couldn't afford the direction Sony has chosen.

But I sure miss my 100/2 and 80-200 HS G.

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:22 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.