New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Nik Software & PS '17

Tillman
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nik Software & PS '17

I am receiving an odd message when attempted to utilize Nik and PS 17 with layers. I have never seen this issue in previous versions of PS. The effect (sharpening) takes place once I accept the message. As one can imagine, it is a problem to have to confirm two error message with each and every brush stroke.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached the two error messages for review.

Thank you in advance.

Nov 22, 2016 at 06:27 PM
jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nik Software & PS '17

i'm using it with cc2017 and haven't seen anything like that.

Nov 23, 2016 at 02:24 PM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nik Software & PS '17

If you kept PS CC 2015.5 try this:
1. Go to Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5\Plug-ins
2. Copy the Google folder which contains Nik plugin suite
3. Go to Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Plug-ins
4. Paste the Google folder previously copied.
It worked for me
Socrate

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:58 AM
kdphotography
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nik Software & PS '17

I'm seeing the same thing with Nik that Tillman is seeing. Very annoying.

Copying the Google Nik folder from CC2015.5 and pasting into the CC2017 plug in folder doesn't solve the problem unfortunately.

Ken

Nov 27, 2016 at 05:31 AM
Tillman
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nik Software & PS '17

It does not solve the problem for me. I am using a top spec iMac 5k, and Macbook. Both terminals have the exact same problem.

In regard to the Macbook, I unistalled Nik, the entire Creative Suite, including the desktop client. I then removed all files related to CS, emptied the trash and rebooted. After reinstalling everything from scratch. I receive the exact same message. I have contacted Google / Nik. They cannot be bothered to respond. Very frustrating as I paid the full dollar amount for the suite just before Google made it freeware.

If there is not a solution to this problem, is there a secondary recommendation to Nik? I primarily use Nik for ColorEffects, DeNoise, and Sharpen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:32 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sjessup

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nik Software & PS '17

I'm not sure why you're having the problem with Nik, but if you're looking for a secondary system, check out Macphun. I use Intensify, Noiseless, Tonality, all of which seem to me to be a bit preferable to Nik. I think both are good products. In the past, the Nik products have had some quirks with PS updates. I'm guessing there are still some unseen pieces around of the old system which are leading to your problems, but if tech support won't help, it's hard to know how to proceed.
Sarah

Nov 29, 2016 at 06:28 PM
la puffin
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nik Software & PS '17

I've had the same problem with Nik in PS15 and now in PS17. It's annoying but I love the brush. I'm hoping someone might have another fix to try.
I tried Macphun but it isn't a replacement for PS for me. It didn't have all of the heavy lifting toools of PS. I use DxO for somethings but will try the new C1 10, as it has selective sharpening tools and a pleasing RAW converter.

Dec 03, 2016 at 07:51 AM
kdphotography
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Nik Software & PS '17

Thanks to Google's acquisition of Nik Software and their apparent subsequent neglect for updates, I think we will see what once was a great set of powerful tools slowly become unusable. Prove me wrong Google!

I already have many of the plug-ins from Topaz, and that will probably be my eventual migration.

ken

Dec 03, 2016 at 03:08 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Nik Software & PS '17

I have used Nik as long as it has been out. While I do not get this exact error message I do get one that is very close. And that comes when I forget to choose a process within the Nik Tool or there is a conflict with my lack of choice I am using such as "APPLY, FILL, DISCARD....then attempt to return to PS and finish the edit.
If I click on the "OK" within the NIk Tool I was/am using...all returns to normal.

Not saying this is the problem but just something to think about when"finishing" your editing within the Selective Tool.
Good Luck!

Socrate's suggestion sounds great also.
Dan

Dec 04, 2016 at 02:15 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password