Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2016 · What are you listening to this very second??

Chris Fawkes
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · What are you listening to this very second??

I typically listen to Sinatra. "Anne's Theme" from Anne of Green Gables. "Who Is She" from Cinderella and a handful of similar soundtracks from movies. I'm pretty boring I guess re music.

I think i'm just old but then I used to listen to Swan Lake over and over as a teen so maybe I always have been.

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:31 PM
notherenow
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · What are you listening to this very second??

Mental as Anything, Dragon, The Angels and Choir Boys at least are still touring.

Some with vastly different line-ups to their prime. Dragon has had quite a few line ups.

The Angels just wont be the same without Doc Neeson. There was just something very different about an entire crowd (thousands even) dropping the F word in response (many of whom would NEVER swear any other time).

Explicit language warning.

INXS manager has not managed another band since until he took on Lepers & Crooks. Well worth catching.

Nov 30, 2016 at 08:51 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · What are you listening to this very second??

notherenow wrote:
The Angels just wont be the same without Doc Neeson. There was just something very different about an entire crowd (thousands even) dropping the F word in response (many of whom would NEVER swear any other time).

You are spot on there.
No matter what the lineup and even another band plying the same songs under the same name, the only Angels was the one with Doc. To me Dave Gleeson is bit of a tool. His antic and on stage performance just don't go with the songs. AC/DC was successful with out Bon Scott and his successor fit very well but Gleeson is just not right and I don't think anyone else ever could be.

I saw one of the last Gigs Doc did.
Sounded just as good as when I first saw him when I was 16 and rocked just as hard if not harder. I was stunned at the performance this 60+ yo guy put on and knowing he was not well. He went off stage for a bit and the band covered and I later read he had to have his oxygen and was not in a good way at all but came back and finished the gig.
It was an outstanding performance.

I came home and looked up their tour dates but the next one was far away and after that there were no more. Within 18 months he was gone and I was genuinely sad that day and for some time after.

This is my absolute favourite rock video clip. Doc bringing the house down in '83 at narrarra.

Did what came to him on the spot. band had no idea what he was going to do or where he went but he just went with the flow and made it awesome. that's what real performers and artists can do rather than have to rehearse everything.

They led in with this monster performance and just hit harder from there.

So much better than all the modern techno crap that would be impossible for these manufactured artists to perform at a pub without the aid of a bank of computers and electronic manipulation.

Nov 30, 2016 at 09:30 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.