Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Seamless paper - double sweep?

falconbach
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Seamless paper - double sweep?

I was wondering if someone here has tried to combine two paper rolls into double sweep by taping it together? Did it work and/or was it much trouble?

Nov 21, 2016 at 03:03 PM
eSchwab
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Seamless paper - double sweep?

It sounds like you're trying to make it look like a cyc and I don't think that's possible. Grab two pieces of paper and try to do it. I think you'll find it's impossible. You may be able to get it taped but there will be a very obvious seam and probably wrinkles.

Nov 21, 2016 at 03:11 PM
hondageek
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Seamless paper - double sweep?

Side by side to make a really wide sweep, or 90 degrees toward each other to make a cyc? Making a wide one is pretty easy.

Nov 22, 2016 at 01:06 AM
falconbach
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Seamless paper - double sweep?

hondageek wrote:
Side by side to make a really wide sweep, or 90 degrees toward each other to make a cyc? Making a wide one is pretty easy.

Side by side to make a wide sweep.

Nov 22, 2016 at 01:19 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Steve Wylie
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Seamless paper - double sweep?

David Cooper, a very talented and accomplished dance and theatre shooter in Canada makes large sweeps by rolling out two lengths of white seamless horizontally on the floor (making the resulting backdrop as wide as he wants it), and taping the two sheets together. He then attaches the first side to the crossbar and raises it carefully to the height he needs. (I've seen this on video, but I haven't seen the exact method he uses to attach the seamless to the crossbar.) By carefully placing the taped seam and lighting it, or by simple cloning in post, the seam can be eliminated in the resulting photos. Just to be clear, these lengths of seamless are not taped side by side vertically, they're horizontally-created. So there's no vertical seam; it's on the floor.

Nov 22, 2016 at 05:37 PM
tdlavigne
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Seamless paper - double sweep?

I've done it; it was noticeable with the setup I wanted (wasn't blowing out a white BG for this)...but it was fixable in PS fairly quickly. I'd do it again if I had to.

Nov 24, 2016 at 02:40 AM
falconbach
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Seamless paper - double sweep?

Thanks guys.

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:53 PM
Jay Ford

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Seamless paper - double sweep?

I've just laid one roll over another; it takes two sets of hands to set but works fine.

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:54 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password