Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Mapcamera Tokio shows considerable increase of 2nd hand 70-200 VRII

nikonos6
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mapcamera Tokio shows considerable increase of 2nd hand 70-200 VRII

Well - who could see this coming : they have now 50 lenses ( ! ) of this second edition 70-200mm 2.8
second hand, for even lower prices there in one of Tokyos big camera stores now.
Mhh.... does this actually indicate a kind of trust in the new lense ?

Actually they are all going to try out another system now or they just kind of hope to save at least just some money to fund their new toy

Just found that interesting.

Nov 19, 2016 at 07:10 PM
Zach-55
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mapcamera Tokio shows considerable increase of 2nd hand 70-200 VRII

A game of a big numbers, for Tokio huge area it is not strange to find fifty-sixty 70-200VRII owners who want the latest and greatest new toy. It will be all back to normal very soon.

Nov 19, 2016 at 07:50 PM
Chris_88
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mapcamera Tokio shows considerable increase of 2nd hand 70-200 VRII

Given that they are the camera store carrying what's probably the largest inventory of used gear in Japan, I'm not surprised at all. Keep in mind, that they buy used gear from across Japan, so it's not just Tokyo. Happens every time a new piece of highly anticipated gear is released. After Canon announced the 5D4, people began selling their old 5D3 and they had dozens on their site within a few days. When the D5 came out, lots of D4s and D4 hit their shelves within a few weeks.

I can assure you plenty of our Japanese friends lust after glass in the same way most people here on FM do. G.A.S. is universal and needs no translators .

Nov 19, 2016 at 08:03 PM
nikonos6
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mapcamera Tokio shows considerable increase of 2nd hand 70-200 VRII

Hey Chris , hey Zach !
Of course both of you are absolutely right, and you two seem to know the conditions over there in Japan quite well too.
I actually only wanted to indicate that this new lens seems to become a big success for Nikon despite the switched rings for focusing and zooming. I am sure most of those who sold their VR II's now had been able to try out the new one already and decided to get it.

Nov 20, 2016 at 04:52 AM
Chris_88
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mapcamera Tokio shows considerable increase of 2nd hand 70-200 VRII

nikonos6 wrote:
Hey Chris , hey Zach !
Of course both of you are absolutely right, and you two seem to know the conditions over there in Japan quite well too.
I actually only wanted to indicate that this new lens seems to become a big success for Nikon despite the switched rings for focusing and zooming. I am sure most of those who sold their VR II's now had been able to try out the new one already and decided to get it.

Honestly, I think these design changes won't prevent a lens from doing well, especially when it's replacing an older model. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but it's been 6-7 years since Nikon released the vr ii, right? That's plenty of time for people to get excited about an update.

I doubt most buyers actually go to show rooms to check out new lenses. Nikon only has a handful of show rooms in Japan (two of them are in Tokyo), so people living outside the major urban areas won't be able to check out new lenses easily (at least not before they are released).

Nov 20, 2016 at 07:54 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.