Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Smart Remote app now supports silent shutter and uncompressed raw

snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Smart Remote app now supports silent shutter and uncompressed raw

Haven't seen this mentioned here so thought I post in case there are others who are unaware. In April Sony released a new versions of their A7-series embedded remote apps that added support for the silent (fully electronic) shutter and uncompressed raw, for bodies which support these features.

Here is a link to the release notes of all versions of the remote app - click the "More" button at the bottom of the page.

Sony Smart Remote Control Release Notes

You can upgrade to the newest version by going into the Apps menu on the camera (four squares icon tab), then click "Application List" and then "PlayMemories Camera Apps". You'll have to update the app on your smartphone/tablet as well if you aren't already running the latest version.

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:19 AM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Smart Remote app now supports silent shutter and uncompressed raw

I have that app but I didn't realize that that feature is included now. Thanks for letting us know, Adam!

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:28 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Smart Remote app now supports silent shutter and uncompressed raw

Thanks for the info - I just updated this app after also upgrading to 3.20 firmware first (the app update does not work with firmware version 3.10 or earlier).

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Smart Remote app now supports silent shutter and uncompressed raw

AGeoJO wrote:
I have that app but I didn't realize that that feature is included now. Thanks for letting us know, Adam!

Same here!

Nov 19, 2016 at 01:18 PM
Alfredo Mora
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Smart Remote app now supports silent shutter and uncompressed raw

Wow! Didn't realize that either. Thanks.

Nov 19, 2016 at 02:30 PM
Alfredo Mora
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Smart Remote app now supports silent shutter and uncompressed raw

I didn't read this closely enough and thought this was for the Smooth reflections app. We need silent shutter mode for that app.

Nov 19, 2016 at 03:40 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Smart Remote app now supports silent shutter and uncompressed raw

digital_AM wrote:
I didn't read this closely enough and thought this was for the Smooth reflections app. We need silent shutter mode for that app.

I would love the silent option for the Smooth Reflections app (saving our shutter) along with uncompressed RAW.

Nov 19, 2016 at 03:43 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Smart Remote app now supports silent shutter and uncompressed raw

Fred Miranda wrote:
I would love the silent option for the Smooth Reflections app (saving our shutter) along with uncompressed RAW.

Will silent shutter lower the bit-depth of the files to 12-bit or it doesn't matter because we stack them up and we are using uncompressed RAW?

Nov 19, 2016 at 03:51 PM
Vcize
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Smart Remote app now supports silent shutter and uncompressed raw

This just reminds me how silly it is that an app that triggers the shutter has to "support" different shooting modes or quality settings.

Edited on Nov 19, 2016 at 04:04 PM · View previous versions

Nov 19, 2016 at 04:00 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Smart Remote app now supports silent shutter and uncompressed raw

Vcize wrote:
This just reminds me how silly it is that an app that triggers the shutter has to "support" different shooting modes.

If you think of the shutter as a pure mechanical one, yes, I agree.

Nov 19, 2016 at 04:03 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.