New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Mix up Elinchrom and Godox transmitters and heads

Mario Moschel
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mix up Elinchrom and Godox transmitters and heads

Hi, guys.

Just bought 2 Godox Witstro flashes that have built in 2.4 GHz receivers, also bought a X1T transmitter for Nikon and an universal XT 16 transmitter (all working on 2.4 GHz band).

I also own a lot of Elinchrom stuff with skyport receivers built in and transmitters that work on 2.4 GHz band as well.

Now, I would like to mix'em up like using 2 Elinchroms and 2 Godox flashesm fired by the same trigger (a Godox one or a Skyport).

How can I get information about the frequencies the triggers and the heads use? I only know that there are so many channels and so many groups in each system, but don't know the Frequencies they are working on.

Is it possible to find one or two channels that are the same?

Thank you.

Mario

Nov 18, 2016 at 04:35 PM
kaplah
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mix up Elinchrom and Godox transmitters and heads

I'm confident that the channels are irrelevant. The issue is the commands sent on those channels, and they will not be the same brand-to-brand.

You might be able to stack the transmitters.

Nov 18, 2016 at 09:15 PM
Mario Moschel
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mix up Elinchrom and Godox transmitters and heads

Thank you, kaplah.

Nov 19, 2016 at 02:16 AM
MayaTlab
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mix up Elinchrom and Godox transmitters and heads

+1 with kaplah, you simply won't be able to use only one radio trigger to trigger strobes from different manufacturers. The Godox X1T has a hot shoe on top of it onto which, as he said, you can stack another trigger.

BUT : the interraction between the two triggers can be maddening and extremely complicated. This is exactly what I'm currently doing with a Profoto Air TTL trigger on top of a Godox X1T-C (Canon), and if there seems to be ways to make things work, so far it isn't smooth sailing as far as I'm concerned. I don't know if it's OK with fredmiranda's forum rules, but here is a link towards a post I wrote on my first impressions when stacking these triggers : https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4076118#forum-post-58671868 (please scroll up to the big chunk of boring text).

The main issue with the Godox X1T-C is that it seems to want to be in total control of the thing that's on top of it. For example, if you put a speedlite on it, you can't use the speedlite's controls anymore but have to use the X1T-C's controls. I haven't yet fully worked out all details yet, and there must be many things I've missed, but so far I haven't found a way to configure the X1T-C to work in a purely dumb way, simply passing through the signal to what is on top of it without interfering with its operations. In contrast, Broncolor's new RFS 2.2 trigger, manufactured by Godox, and that looks just like the X1T-C at first glance, works in fact in a completely different way and seems to simply pass the signal without wanting to control what is on top of it in any way (still need to confirm this, though).

Nov 19, 2016 at 07:19 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.