Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List
  

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
5
       end
  

85art your experience?
  
 
Mark_L
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · 85art your experience?


ahaug wrote:
Can anyone post some comparisons between the 85 art and 1.4g with bokeh? I can live with the weight but is the bokeh too strong / sharp?


This seems to be the prevailing nation for some on the ART series but people seem to forget that it is largely because these lenses don't lose much contrast at wide apertures like others. Tweak the contrast down slightly in the raw converter and it will probably look very similar.



Mar 17, 2017 at 11:22 PM
level1photog
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · 85art your experience?


If you can have one fast prime: 85 1.4 Art or 135 1.8 Art? Is 135 too long for wedding prep etc?


Mar 18, 2017 at 04:31 PM
Mark_L
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · 85art your experience?


level1photog wrote:
If you can have one fast prime: 85 1.4 Art or 135 1.8 Art? Is 135 too long for wedding prep etc?


Totally different lenses really, but go for the 85mm - it is more versatile.



Mar 18, 2017 at 05:10 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



ahaug
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · 85art your experience?


Mark_L wrote:
This seems to be the prevailing nation for some on the ART series but people seem to forget that it is largely because these lenses don't lose much contrast at wide apertures like others. Tweak the contrast down slightly in the raw converter and it will probably look very similar.


I wonder if its the contrast or the sharpness. I think that its the sharpness. I have a hard time getting my 85 1.8g's bokeh to smooth out and look natural in lightroom. I think that the bokeh on the previous sigma 85 was nicer.


Edited on Mar 20, 2017 at 03:05 PM · View previous versions



Mar 20, 2017 at 01:40 PM
Mark_L
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · 85art your experience?


ahaug wrote:
I wonder if its the contrast or the sharpness. I think that its the sharpness. I have a hard time getting my 85 1.8g's bokeh to smooth out and look natural in lightroom. I think that the bokeh on the previous sigma 85 was nicer.


Assuming you use LR, have your tried using negative clarity?



Mar 20, 2017 at 01:44 PM
ahaug
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · 85art your experience?


Mark_L wrote:
Assuming you use LR, have your tried using negative clarity?


I would try that but I don't have the lens to get images.




Mar 21, 2017 at 12:43 AM
1       2       3       4      
5
       end






FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
5
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password