New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Buy & sell membership did not activate after payment

HubbardJA
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Buy & sell membership did not activate after payment

I purchased a buy and sell membership yesterday via pay-pal and noticed my B&S account did not activate immediately. I waited a while to allow some processing time and later messaged Fred with the details of my purchase. I haven't heard anything back and still don't have an active B&S membership. Anyone experience this before? Any ideas? Thanks!

Nov 17, 2016 at 06:23 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Buy & sell membership did not activate after payment

It happens often that the B&S does not update for 3-4 days. I don't know why. Nevertheless, it will update as many of us have experienced here. Also, Fred Miranda is a working photog and is often away from the site doing that. PM him again can be useful, although by the time he gets back to you, your membership will likely have updated. HTH

Nov 17, 2016 at 08:10 AM
HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Buy & sell membership did not activate after payment

Two days have passed and my membership has still not activated. I've sent two PMs to FM and have yet to get a response. Hoping for the best, but I'm starting to loose hope.

Nov 19, 2016 at 08:44 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Buy & sell membership did not activate after payment

Well, you can always PM Fred Miranda again and ask the Q "WTF is going on? I paid my money, I expect my goods, NOW. It's not like I'm a stranger here" FWIW, I've been in your situation and it never failed that I got activated. You can count on it that Fred is not about ripping you off. Not sure why your account has not been activated.

Nov 19, 2016 at 09:35 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Buy & sell membership did not activate after payment

Yes, it is not immediate and may take some time because Fred is the only person that can do this I believe and he is a working photographer.
Now you have been around awhile is there something that I can help you with being that I do have U/S ON until your account is activated?
Just PM me......
Dan

Nov 20, 2016 at 09:59 AM
HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Buy & sell membership did not activate after payment

I sincerely appreciate the offer. I have a fair amount of gear to sell and I'd hate to burden someone else with that responsibility.

My concern was due to post where Fred mentioned the membership should activate immediately.

Nov 20, 2016 at 06:00 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Buy & sell membership did not activate after payment

Jayson, try PMing Steve T, the other moderator on the Wedding board. No doubt he can reach Fred if your need is urgent.

Nov 20, 2016 at 07:06 PM
HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Buy & sell membership did not activate after payment

Thanks, I'll do that.

Nov 20, 2016 at 09:05 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Buy & sell membership did not activate after payment

Fred has been active on the website. If your problem has not been straightened out, I suggest you look into how you paid, your username, where billed to,..... so on.....Did you get an acknowledgment from his billing company?
Dan

Nov 23, 2016 at 01:36 PM
HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Buy & sell membership did not activate after payment

Danpbphoto wrote:
Fred has been active on the website. If your problem has not been straightened out, I suggest you look into how you paid, your username, where billed to,..... so on.....Did you get an acknowledgment from his billing company?
Dan

Hi Dan,

I used Pay-Pal. I PM'd FM on three occasions with my forum SN, PP email address (which is the same as my forum email address), and the transaction number. He's made absolutely no effort to respond. It's a shame that someone who's contributed to the community for years can be completely ignored.

I opened a dispute with Pay-Pal in November. Fred has not responded to the dispute and the case has been escalated to Pay-Pal at this point. I have my doubts that I'll ever see my money or a buy and sell membership. I actually expect to be banned at some point.

If anyone is looking for a nice D700 with grip, Spider Holster parts, or a nice ThinkTank Retrospective bag, pm me

Dec 09, 2016 at 06:30 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Buy & sell membership did not activate after payment

HubbardJA wrote:
Hi Dan,

I used Pay-Pal. I PM'd FM on three occasions with my forum SN, PP email address (which is the same as my forum email address), and the transaction number. He's made absolutely no effort to respond. It's a shame that someone who's contributed to the community for years can be completely ignored.

I opened a dispute with Pay-Pal in November. Fred has not responded to the dispute and the case has been escalated to Pay-Pal at this point. I have my doubts that I'll ever see my money or a buy and sell membership. I actually expect to be
...Show more

That is very unlike Fred. He must have a reason but it would be nice to let you know what that might be. The fact that you have NOT received your B&S Upload Membership puts your refund in your favor. Don't dispare about your refund. I have had all my PP Disputes resolved in my favor and my money returned..eventually.
Sorry you had to go through this.

Dan

Dec 09, 2016 at 09:02 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.