New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · South Florida

csebasti
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · South Florida

I'm headed to Southern Florida for a week around Thanksgiving with my family. We have a house rented in Homestead, South of Miami for the majority of the time, and two nights in Key west. I saw the thread on here about Key West and got some shooting ideas from that. I'm curious if anyone has more to add, or recommendations for the Homestead/Everglades areas. We're alos heading to Dry Tortugas National Park.

I'll be with extended family (10 of us) and won't really have a whole lot of opportunities to get out for dedicated shooting, but may be able to get out for some sunrises before others are up and about. So any recommendations for locations close to Homestead or Key West would be appreciated.

Any other ideas for spots not to be missed (for photography or just for the whole family) in the Everglades or Keys would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris

Nov 17, 2016 at 06:52 AM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · South Florida

Lots of wildlife in the Everglades if that appeals to you. Also interesting scenery can be found along the back roads. Shark Valley and Anhinga Trail are prime spots for critters.

Nov 20, 2016 at 03:07 AM
csebasti
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · South Florida

Thanks. I'm not much into wildlife photography, mostly landscape, but I'm definitely looking for wildlife viewing for the family. So I'll check out those spots.

Nov 23, 2016 at 03:06 AM
MrPeteH

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · South Florida

An easy early morning visit: go to the Royal Palm visitor center just inside the Everglades NP. Your family will go bonkers... amazing variety and beauty. But do try to get there near sunrise.

(And DO believe the warnings about covering your car with the supplied tarps! Incredible what some of the birds can do in a few minutes... they love to chew weatherstripping. )

Nov 26, 2016 at 02:30 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password