p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anant Temple, Goa

See Anant Temple - a photo essay.

Anant Temple in Savoi-Verem, Goa

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:03 AM
Matt Tilghman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anant Temple, Goa

Nice shot! I don't even mind the blown out sky, because of the way it melds into the fog, which should be white. I do think you could crop some off the bottom, though.

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:06 PM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anant Temple, Goa

Matt Tilghman wrote:
Nice shot! I don't even mind the blown out sky, because of the way it melds into the fog, which should be white. I do think you could crop some off the bottom, though.

Matt,

Thank you for the critique.

The sky is not blown. This is a common situation during the southwest monsoon in India where the sky is often overcast and featureless. In this particular instance, there was the morning mist and so yes, it melds nicely and there is, I think, a mood to it.

To your other point - in this composition I wanted to locate the temple in the wider context of its surroundings. In my linked blog post, the very first photo is closer to what you suggest. The image above is appropriate for this Landscape forum; that other image would perhaps be better suited for the City, Street & Architecture forum.

Nov 16, 2016 at 09:09 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.