New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · padded divider options for Pelican 1510/storm im2500

Rikaro
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · padded divider options for Pelican 1510/storm im2500

Hey guys I was originally looking for the foam inserts for the im2500 but I realized they made many other options inlcuding the camera bag style dividers.

Anyone have any recommendation or brand? I'm been looking around but haven't found anything nice yet.

Nov 15, 2016 at 09:06 PM
howatthunter
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · padded divider options for Pelican 1510/storm im2500

Check out the TrekPak.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1082379-REG/trekpak_0310_10_2500_foam_insert_for_pelican.html

Nov 16, 2016 at 09:30 AM
craig_k
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · padded divider options for Pelican 1510/storm im2500

I have used the trekpack system for a over a year now, near daily in my pelican cases and its holding up fine without any issue, just be sure when constructing design for components, you allow for article not to be "completely mashed up tight against the foam sides", I have L brackets on all my bodies and by allowing a little space so it'll slip in\out with direct solid contact with foam sides it's still in like new shape.

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:21 PM
Roland W
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · padded divider options for Pelican 1510/storm im2500

I hate plucked foam and cut to fit foam, and suggest you stay away from those.

I am pretty happy with Trekpack for the one bag I am using it in, so it is well worth your consideration. The only thing I do not like is if something pushes hard at the bottom of a divider, causing it to deflect, because it is only attached from the top. But that is a minor thing. The low thickness of the dividers and the fast adjustment of them are nice benefits.

I assume you are aware of the padded divider sets that are made by Pelican for the im2500. My padded dividers for other Pelican cases I have work great, so keep them in consideration also.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/664178-REG/Hardigg_Storm_Case_IM2500_DIV_Padded_Divider_Set.html/pageID/accessory

Nov 16, 2016 at 01:29 PM
EGrav
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · padded divider options for Pelican 1510/storm im2500

Roland W wrote:
I hate plucked foam and cut to fit foam, and suggest you stay away from those.

I am pretty happy with Trekpack for the one bag I am using it in, so it is well worth your consideration. The only thing I do not like is if something pushes hard at the bottom of a divider, causing it to deflect, because it is only attached from the top. But that is a minor thing. The low thickness of the dividers and the fast adjustment of them are nice benefits.

I assume you are aware of the padded divider sets
...Show more

I use pins in the bottom AND top of the Trekpak - very stable.

Nov 16, 2016 at 04:32 PM
Roland W
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · padded divider options for Pelican 1510/storm im2500

Using pins at both the bottom and top of Trekpak dividers to improve the stability of the dividers is good for some situations, and I bought extra pins in order to be able to do just that. But there are two issues that may apply.

One issue is the obvious that you can not quickly adjust the position of dividers, because only the top pins would be easily removed and re inserted. You would need to empty the contents, and remove the whole assembly, in order to move the bottom pins in to a new location. The quick adjust is an important feature for me, that I want to maintain for parts of any given divider assembly.

The other issue is that if you are using the Trekpak "Rolli" system that has divider material fitted against the outer sides of a soft case, and held in place with its Velcro, you can not pre assemble the whole thing with all the dividers in place with bottom pins, because the Velcro would hook on as you try to insert everything in to the bag. But your mentioning of bottom pins has me re thinking how I might be able to assemble Trekpak in to a bag with bottom and top pins on only some of the key divider locations that will see the high loads, and complete the assembly with only top pins on the remaining dividers.

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:00 PM
iazybandit
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · padded divider options for Pelican 1510/storm im2500

I also highly recommend the TrekPak. I didn't need to use pins at the bottom. Just using them for the top held the dividers in place. I reviewed it for the Pelican 1510 as well as the RolliPak

http://www.1kindphotography.com/2015/11/review-trekpak-foam-insert-divider-pelican-hprc-nanuk-hard-case.html
http://www.1kindphotography.com/2015/09/review-trekpak-rollipak-48-72-universal-camera-bag-divider.html

I was also able to get them to provide me with a exclusive 10% off coupon.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:45 PM
palmer1076

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · padded divider options for Pelican 1510/storm im2500

Several friends I know have modified their Pelican cases by buying a foam sleeping pad and cutting it to fit their Pelican cases. The sleeping pads can be purchased at most outdoor stores. There are generally blue in color and can be easily cut with a razor or box cutter and a straight edge. Some glue them in place once they have an arrangement they like-some don't.

The big advantage is that the blue foam is closed cell and will NOT absorb water if you have to open your case in a wet place or even in the rain.

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:40 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.