New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Manfrotto quick release plate padding

steve_a_reno
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Manfrotto quick release plate padding

I have a Manfrotto hexagonal quick release plate that has lost the rubber padding on top. Can you get a replacement? Or even better, has anyone ever done a DIY fix with another material? What did you use and how did you adhere it to the plate.

Thanks.

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:04 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Manfrotto quick release plate padding

I've replaced the neoprene and cork pads on several old QR plates: outline the shape/side I need on the material and cut out with an Exacto knife. Glue in place and you're set. I've also used thin sheets of neoprene I bought at hobby shops and most of them have adhesive backing.

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:20 AM
Pat H.
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Manfrotto quick release plate padding

Having run into this in the past on more than one occasion, I finally found an adhesive backed sheet of cork in the thickness I wanted on Amazon. I might have spent $10, and still have enough to last a lifetime.

Nov 16, 2016 at 02:57 AM
trisstrass

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Manfrotto quick release plate padding

It just so happens that yesterday I was looking for a solution to a similar situation like yours. In the past I have used neoprene, but I found that sometimes it doesn't last that long as with use it tends to rub away.

While searching, I came across this company湧ational Craft謡hich sells an adhesive rubber padding with 1/16" in thickness (letter C on the link) and I ordered it (they have a minimum order of $10).

BTW, on the same page they have also cork disks with adhesive backing with 1/8" and 1/6" in thickness (Letters E and F). Did not order any cork.

Rubber Feet, Felt Pads and Cork Protectors:
http://www.nationalartcraft.com/subcategory.asp?gid=16&cid=183&scid=499

Since I ordered them yesterday, I have no idea of the quality or long term reliability of their products.
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Also Custom Brackets sells cork replacement parts for their specific brackets, which I have adapted before for my own in-house solutions.
http://www.custombrackets.com/products/spare-parts.html
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
On eBay you can also find a seller offering 12"x12"x1/16 Rubber Chloroprene (also known by the trade name Neoprene) but you have to use your own adhesive.
http://tinyurl.com/gsce759

If you come across another or a better solution, please share it.

I hope that it helps.

Nov 16, 2016 at 03:00 PM
steve_a_reno
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Manfrotto quick release plate padding

Lots of good ideas here. Thanks for the replies.

Nov 16, 2016 at 04:28 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password