New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Weird issue with Nissin i40 and X-T2

ajamils
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Weird issue with Nissin i40 and X-T2

I'm using Fuji X-T2 with firmware upgraded Nissin i40 and I noticed that on several occasion that my pictures come out complete black. At first I thought that flash did not fire but after testing it on couple of different occasions flash did fire but the pictures are complete dark as it there was no light. The EXIF data of the picture also shows that flash fired. Opposite to that in some files EXIF data does not show that flash was fired even though it was.

I'm using the following settings

- ISO 400
- Shutter 250
- Flash on TTL or Manual

Has anyone noticed something similar? If so, what's the solution? Also, has anyone used Yongnou YN-560 IV with Fuji X-T2? I'm thinking about getting one along with the wireless controller and would like some feedback.

Nov 15, 2016 at 06:35 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Weird issue with Nissin i40 and X-T2

I seem to recall reading on another forum that there are issues using the i40 with an X-T2, When I'm done here, will see if I can find it, and if so, will add some info for you.

Edit to add link:

http://www.fujix-forum.com/threads/fuji-xt2-and-nissin-i40-not-working-properly.61257/

Nov 15, 2016 at 07:19 PM
ajamils
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Weird issue with Nissin i40 and X-T2

Fred Amico wrote:
I seem to recall reading on another forum that there are issues using the i40 with an X-T2, When I'm done here, will see if I can find it, and if so, will add some info for you.

Edit to add link:

http://www.fujix-forum.com/threads/fuji-xt2-and-nissin-i40-not-working-properly.61257/

Thanks for the link. The issue described in the thread is related to Nissin i40 without the new firmware. As I mentioned in my post above, Nissin already upgraded the firmware on the flash and it is still acting weirdly.

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:28 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Weird issue with Nissin i40 and X-T2

ajamils wrote:
Thanks for the link. The issue described in the thread is related to Nissin i40 without the new firmware. As I mentioned in my post above, Nissin already upgraded the firmware on the flash and it is still acting weirdly.

Didn't read through that whole thread - guess I should have. Sorry you're still having a problem w/new firmware installed. Hopefully someone else might have additional info to share with you.

Nov 16, 2016 at 01:02 AM
bbryz30

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Weird issue with Nissin i40 and X-T2

I have the same issue with my i40 except on my X100S. The strange thing is that it only happens when the flash is in manual mode and camera at higher than 1/500s shutter speed. I think the i40 firmware is bugged in general.

Nov 16, 2016 at 08:57 AM
guidoryan

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Weird issue with Nissin i40 and X-T2

I simply prevent any flash issues by never using third party flashes.

guido

Nov 16, 2016 at 07:39 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.