Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Photoshop CC 2017 extra fast or just me?

JohanEickmeyer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photoshop CC 2017 extra fast or just me?

I recently updated to the newest 2017 CC version of Photoshop and it is crazy fast compared to most previous versions. I've been using PS since 1994.

Even on my 5 year old 1.6 Ghz netbook computer with a slow spinning hard drive, it loads super fast and is very speedy in terms of the interface. Obviously CPU intensive actions are still slow on this computer.

But, I also did a complete cleaning out of all Adobe products and used the CC cleaner tool to wipe it all clean from my computer, so I am not 100% sure if that is the reason for the speed or improvements to CC 2017. There are also some display rendering bugs that were present on both my computers since CC 2014 which have resolved.

Anyone else having great success with the new 2017 update?

My only issue remaining is that Creative Cloud wants to keep pushing itself into my Windows 7 MSConfig for startup and kills my boot time with loading 15+ processes. I have to manually remove it every time it updates. Total bloat-ware.

Nov 15, 2016 at 01:31 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photoshop CC 2017 extra fast or just me?

it's no faster than 2015.5 in any of my workflows.

JohanEickmeyer wrote:
I recently updated to the newest 2017 CC version of Photoshop and it is crazy fast compared to most previous versions. I've been using PS since 1994.

Even on my 5 year old 1.6 Ghz netbook computer with a slow spinning hard drive, it loads super fast and is very speedy in terms of the interface. Obviously CPU intensive actions are still slow on this computer.

But, I also did a complete cleaning out of all Adobe products and used the CC cleaner tool to wipe it all clean from my computer, so I am not 100% sure if that
...Show more

Nov 16, 2016 at 03:35 PM
la puffin
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photoshop CC 2017 extra fast or just me?

I'm on a late 2013 MacBook Pro and PS2017 is definitely running faster. Topaz DeNoise seems a little slower though and I'm not sure why. Bridge also loads previews much faster than any previous version too.

Nov 18, 2016 at 03:09 AM
pjbishop
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photoshop CC 2017 extra fast or just me?

I'm finding Photoshop 2017 slower, lots of beachballs. I'm on a 2015 retina iMac running El Capitan with 32 GB RAM, now dealing with 30 MP captures. PSH was pretty zippy prior to a new camera and the Photoshop CC 2017 update, which happened about the same time. The files are not hugely different in total size. Maybe the issue is with Photoshop's relationship with El Capitan. Apple, you got some 'splainin' to do.

Nov 25, 2016 at 02:19 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photoshop CC 2017 extra fast or just me?

it's not faster. It's pretty much the same performance.

Nov 25, 2016 at 04:44 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Photoshop CC 2017 extra fast or just me?

After using it for a couple of weeks on a big product photo shoot with lots of extra large psb files, it seems exactly the same as previous versions in overall performance. Just wish they would stop the freaking change for the sake of change like changing the fonts in the UI or the revamping of the Open or New File dialog boxes, which are, well, designed once again by someone who appears to have never used the program.

Nov 25, 2016 at 05:14 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Photoshop CC 2017 extra fast or just me?

agreed. At this point they are revamping sh!t just to justify a new release. I don't need new 3d features. What I want is for them to fix the stuff that doesn't work well. Like the extraction. It's ridiculous that I have to resort to topaz remask to do extractions. There's no reason their extraction shouldn't blow away any 3rd party tool.

Nov 26, 2016 at 07:44 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Photoshop CC 2017 extra fast or just me?

Yes, and ReMask is only so-so. Too bad Corel ran Ultimatte Knockout, the real king of impossible selections, completely into the ground.

Nov 26, 2016 at 08:56 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Photoshop CC 2017 extra fast or just me?

Peter Figen wrote:
Yes, and ReMask is only so-so. Too bad Corel ran Ultimatte Knockout, the real king of impossible selections, completely into the ground.

i've never used ultimate knockout. How did they screw it up?

Nov 26, 2016 at 01:33 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Photoshop CC 2017 extra fast or just me?

Ultimatte, the company that invented blue screen, green screen, red screen technology (although you rarely see red screen) developed Knockout as a standalone masking app back in the late 1990's. It was five or six hundred dollars and I think they did one revision to it, then sold it, or licensed it to Corel, who did one revision on their own but completely screwed up the functionality and never bothered fixing it after that. In a lot of ways it was similar to the way ReMask works today but it was just so much better yielding much smoother transitions and even being able to mask smoke. There was a pretty decent learning curve but once you got it, it really rocked. Some of the little post masking tricks that were part of the Knockout workflow can still be applied with current masking options.

Nov 26, 2016 at 05:04 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.