New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

recommend a wrist strap for m4/3?

stan2
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · recommend a wrist strap for m4/3?

I've gotten used to the wrist strap I have on my Canon 7D. Easy to walk around with it 'attached' to my hand and feeling secure. I've searched around on line for a similar thing that might work best for my Oly EPL5. I'm not finding a lot of ideas. Anyone here use a hand strap they like? Here's about the only one I see in the style I'm after:

https://www.amazon.com/JJC-HS-M1-Microfiber-Leather-Mirrorless/dp/B00XMVWBSI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479157620&sr=8-1&keywords=hand+strap+mirrorless+camera

Nov 14, 2016 at 09:11 PM
-Michael

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · recommend a wrist strap for m4/3?

I use the 'Camdapter' strap on my smaller cameras (X100). It allows a secure hold without having to actually grip the camera.

Here's the strap on my E-M1. I tie the top of the strap to the camera tightly with a loop of cord or a tie-wrap to keep the strap close against the camera body, That helps keep the camera higher against m hand, which allows to loosen my finger's grip on the body with the camera slipping away.

Olympus E-M1 by Michael Janke, on Flickr

Nov 15, 2016 at 04:46 AM
momo_nyc

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · recommend a wrist strap for m4/3?

Hi Michael, wondering what adapter you're using with the nikon lens and does it work well.

Last night, ordered a simple fotodiox. A nikon 'f' adapter.

Stan. Sorry to hijack this with an off topic question.

One thing I can say is that I've just started shooting with an m5ll and use a shoulder strap wrapped around my wrist. Lowepro right now, but also last night ordered a think tank shoulder strap that I hope is better for this small body.

I do have a wrist strap on my ricoh gr, but I can slip that into a pocket if i need both hands. I can't do that with the m5. So i just hang it off a shoulder when necessary.

good luck finding the right solution for you.

M

Nov 15, 2016 at 07:18 AM
-Michael

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · recommend a wrist strap for m4/3?

momo_nyc wrote:
Hi Michael, wondering what adapter you're using with the nikon lens and does it work well.
M

I have a couple - one cheaper no-name one from back when cheap adapters were still $50 on eBay, and a Voigtländer that I bought used here on FM for about $100. The Voigtländer is nicer, but the photos end up looking same.

Nov 16, 2016 at 01:48 PM
stan2
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · recommend a wrist strap for m4/3?

thanks for the ideas, you all. That looks like a nice one alright, Michael. May have to put that on my Amazon wish list. Somehow, when I do that, things miraculously show up as gifts!

Nov 16, 2016 at 07:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · recommend a wrist strap for m4/3?

You lucky SOB.

stan2 wrote:
thanks for the ideas, you all. That looks like a nice one alright, Michael. May have to put that on my Amazon wish list. Somehow, when I do that, things miraculously show up as gifts!

Nov 18, 2016 at 02:16 AM
jstrawman
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · recommend a wrist strap for m4/3?

http://www.gordyscamerastraps.com/

High quality and highly recommended.

Nov 20, 2016 at 12:56 AM
Joeburke

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · recommend a wrist strap for m4/3?

I second Gordy's. Hard to go wrong!

Nov 21, 2016 at 08:19 PM
grizz9
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · recommend a wrist strap for m4/3?

I have the Gordy wrist strap on my GM1. Perfect ....

Nov 28, 2016 at 05:23 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · recommend a wrist strap for m4/3?

The Peak Design "Clutch" looks good although I have not used one:

http://www.peakdesign.com/clutch

I prefer the regular neck strap or Black Rapid-style shoulder strap (I use both interchangeably) for a very simple reason - changing lenses (which I do very often) is both quicker and safer - as it's impossible for your camera to slip off your hands and fall to the ground! That's peace of mind to me.

Nov 30, 2016 at 06:21 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password