New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Another question about the Godox/cheetha V860N

Lynn Ross
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Another question about the Godox/cheetha V860N

Do you have to have a radio trigger to use a Godox/cheetah V860N on a Nikon d810 off shoe.

I just purchased one of these, and I haven't read if you need the trigger or not or will the wireless of the D810 do it.
I need a quick answer so that I can order one if I have to have one.

Thanks for your help

Lynn

Nov 13, 2016 at 05:51 PM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Another question about the Godox/cheetha V860N

The Cheetah V860XN (aka Godox V860II-N) does have a mode that makes it compatible with Nikon's CLS. This means you can use the D810's built-in flash as the Master, while setting the remote V860X to Slave. If you're not aware, CLS is (mostly) line-of-sight, so it has its limitations.

An X1-T is a better option IMO. They're inexpensive, and they're not constrained to line-of-sight. Another option would be a 2nd V860X that would be mounted on your camera. The on-camera flash can then be used as a Master to control the remotes.....using its built-in 2.4GHz radio.

Nov 13, 2016 at 06:37 PM
Lynn Ross
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Another question about the Godox/cheetha V860N

BigIronCruiser wrote:
The Cheetah V860XN (aka Godox V860II-N) does have a mode that makes it compatible with Nikon's CLS. This means you can use the D810's built-in flash as the Master, while setting the remote V860X to Slave. If you're not aware, CLS is (mostly) line-of-sight, so it has its limitations.

An X1-T is a better option IMO. They're inexpensive, and they're not constrained to line-of-sight. Another option would be a 2nd V860X that would be mounted on your camera. The on-camera flash can then be used as a Master to control the remotes.....using its built-in 2.4GHz radio.

Thanks for the reply I'll order one of those also....

Lynn

Nov 13, 2016 at 06:40 PM
Lynn Ross
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Another question about the Godox/cheetha V860N

Now I'm wondering since I purchased the X1-t if you have to have the X-R?

Lynn

Nov 13, 2016 at 09:13 PM
MarcosH

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Another question about the Godox/cheetha V860N

No need to purchase the receiver, the 860X flash has a built in radio transceiver.

Nov 13, 2016 at 10:51 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.