New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · H.S. Musical

Grantland
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · H.S. Musical

Shot a high school musical the other day. Lots of fun!

Long story short . . . got to the musical late and in the dark theater with a dark scene stumbled to get the setting right. First couple shots were way underexposed. Arghhhhh. Appreciate the DR of the Nikon sensors.

Made adjustments and all was good.

Grant

Nikon D4 with 200 f/2.0 VR

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:12 AM
Berkyboy
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · H.S. Musical

Great set! Bravo!!!

High school plays and musicals are always so much fun for the kids and these images reflect that perfectly.

By the look of the sets, costumes and their expressions it looks like it was probably a treat for the audience as well.

Steve

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:37 AM
jhinkey
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · H.S. Musical

Shooting high school musicals even when you are well prepared is very tough as the lighting is typically horrible and changes during and from scene to scene.

What I've typically done is set a minimum shutter speed and let ISO float - movement blurriness is less acceptable than noise generally speaking.

Nice job though - besides the technical side of taking these kind of images is anticipation of the interesting moments to capture those - you've clearly done that!

Nov 13, 2016 at 04:26 PM
Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · H.S. Musical

jhinkey wrote:
Shooting high school musicals even when you are well prepared is very tough as the lighting is typically horrible and changes during and from scene to scene.

What I've typically done is set a minimum shutter speed and let ISO float - movement blurriness is less acceptable than noise generally speaking.

Nice job though - besides the technical side of taking these kind of images is anticipation of the interesting moments to capture those - you've clearly done that!

Thanks.

I have shot many musical and the lighting is horrible . . . at times. I will try letting the ISO float.

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:30 PM
Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · H.S. Musical

Berkyboy wrote:
Great set! Bravo!!!

High school plays and musicals are always so much fun for the kids and these images reflect that perfectly.

By the look of the sets, costumes and their expressions it looks like it was probably a treat for the audience as well.

Steve

Thanks!

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:30 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.