New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Ef-x500 Flash shipping?

James R
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ef-x500 Flash shipping?

BH has changed the status of my Fuji flash order. Website now says it is processing--after 2 months of waiting.

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:04 PM
esanchez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ef-x500 Flash shipping?

I want need/want a Fuji HSS flash but not at the price the EF-X500 is selling for. I wish the EF-X500 was cheaper and had a radio transmitter receiver too. I'm still holding out for Godox or Nissin. It's good for those wanting the EF-X500 that is finally shipping.

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:55 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ef-x500 Flash shipping?

Radio trans/receiver flash would be nice, but that could takes years.

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:24 PM
traveler
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ef-x500 Flash shipping?

I too am holding out to see how th EF-X500 pans out in the area of performance. I don't like the fact it's NOT in house made but rather by Metz, whom I'm no fan of. I was all ready to jump on the newer firmware supplied Nissin i60 that has TTL now. Just waiting for them to institute the HSS by the years end according to them. It's more powerful, smaller and is radio controlled as well. I'm just NOT thinking the Fuji flash is the way to go. The dealer I got all my gear from I respect, and he basically said "all their flashes are crap stay away from them". He is recommending the i60 as well. I'm not in a huge hurry so will wait to see how it pans out with those that get it.

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:49 AM
mregala

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ef-x500 Flash shipping?

If you're lucky enough to be migrating from a different brand and already have nice speedlights, Cactus makes great triggers that are cross-brand compatible (I use Nikon SB900 flashes on my XT2), provide remote power control and support HSS (but no TTL at this time). And RoboSHOOT supports TTL and remote power, but no HSS (until they can reverse engineer the EFX500).

I have both, hopefully one day I'll be able to consolidate to a single system!

Nov 13, 2016 at 04:09 PM
SwampYankee

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ef-x500 Flash shipping?

hold out no longer! I purchased a Nissan i60 for my XT-2 and it works like a dream I did not purchase, but I understand the Nissan Radio trigger works just fine. Quick note, for now the i60 has TTL (and it's fine) but no HSS yet. Nissin says they will preform free firmware upgrade as soon as possible

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:38 AM
Leonberger
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Ef-x500 Flash shipping?

I just heard back from a camera store here in Canada that told me they reached out to Fuji and heard not until next year....

In other news I was snooping around amazon.com and saw the metz flash as temporarily out of stock.. when did it even begin to ship?

https://www.amazon.com/Metz-Mecablitz-Fujifilm-MZ-M400F/dp/B01N8SK384/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1479225401&sr=8-3&keywords=metz+fuji+flash

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:58 AM
photoelle
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Ef-x500 Flash shipping?

SwampYankee wrote:
hold out no longer! I purchased a Nissan i60 for my XT-2 and it works like a dream I did not purchase, but I understand the Nissan Radio trigger works just fine. Quick note, for now the i60 has TTL (and it's fine) but no HSS yet. Nissin says they will preform free firmware upgrade as soon as possible

I have the Nissan i60a too, it has the current firmware, however it cripples the XT2 in continuous autofocus, which becomes rough and has lag. It also limits the fps to about 4 fps.

I'm hoping the next Fuji firmware will fix these issues.

In contrast, the i40 I have will shoot 8 fps easily on my XT1.

Nov 16, 2016 at 05:52 PM
klam
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Ef-x500 Flash shipping?

I received my EF-X500 flash two days ago. I haven't used it too much, except for a few test shots. It works as expected for a flagship Fuji flash.

The menus are fairly easy to navigate and the display info is easy to understand. I like the overall size and balance on my X-T2/X-T1 cameras. It is well-built and easy enough to use.

My only criticism is the removable part at the top to mount the Stofen-like diffuser. It takes a bit of wiggling to remove and you can only mount the Stofen-like diffuser with it removed. As many others have also pointed out, I do wish a new flagship flash in 2016 would have came with wireless radio control, but you can't have it all. This is a sizable upgrade from the EF-42.

Dec 07, 2016 at 09:51 PM
traveler
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Ef-x500 Flash shipping?

I had to determine what my actual use of the flash was going to be. I decided indeed it was going to be nearly always ON the camera. 2nd I tend to prefer product that was designed and intended for a given brand. Along with native TTL and HSS the decision ended up with the EF-X500 I got mine over a week ago from Precision Camera in Dallas as with all the rest of my system. Thus far I'm liking the build quality and controls. The power is certainly all I'll ever require. Indoors I'm finding the ability to utilize it's wide output setting eliminates my need for any diffusion. Indeed that so called stofen like diffusor is useless to me as first of all getting the outer part of the flash off proved virtually impossible and I have no desire to damage the flash. I don't need the diffusor anyway as the adjustments and settings it allows me gives me a nice diffused look anyway. The high speed shooting is excellent and the flash responds well. Not even warm after extensive use, so glad they got that worked out. All in all for me I think this was the best way to go. For others who do much off camera flash there are other answers.

Dec 07, 2016 at 11:34 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Ef-x500 Flash shipping?

Everyone is getting their new flash. That is great. I just got my notice from BH that my two are still on back order. Guess everybody is getting something.

Dec 08, 2016 at 12:24 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.