New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

"Live view display" Panasonic GF2?

tdlavigne
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · "Live view display" Panasonic GF2?

Hi all, just purchased a used Panasonic GF2 for a sweet price yesterday ($40). Wanted something small that I could keep in my pocket while riding my motorcycle. GF2 seems to fit the bill for what I wanted/needed. Now, I did notice something today when my lens I ordered came in (only tested the camera with the owners lens for ~5 minutes when I purchased); the display doesn't change depending on the A/S/ISO settings. Not sure how to explain, but with the Sony mirrorless cameras (my only other mirrorless experience with a couple different NEX's and an A7) the screen darkens or brightens in real time, basically "what you see is what you get" depending on the exposure. IIRC they called it "Live View Display".

I've searched the menu, and looked through a manual I found online but didn't see anything about an option to enable/disable this feature. Is this something that the Panasonic m4/3 cameras can do? If so, how would one enable it? Not really a deal breaker (I like the camera very much so far), but it would make quick snapshots or tricky lighting conditions much easier.

Nov 12, 2016 at 04:27 AM
petrochemist

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · "Live view display" Panasonic GF2?

With an adapted lens mine darkens/brighten as the aperture is adjusted, then shortly after corrects the image so you can see for framing etc.

I know at least one of my Panasonic cameras has set-up options to simulate shutter speed DOF etc. But I didn't see anything whizzing through the GF2 menus so it may just be on the G5.

Dec 18, 2016 at 05:19 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password