New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · X-T2 Annoying zooming in when shooting

pompo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X-T2 Annoying zooming in when shooting

Is there any way to get rid of EVF zooming in larger when pressing the shutter release? It only happens while using the EVF, not while using the LCD

What is the purpose of zooming in the viewfinder? I find it distracting and annoying.

I looked all over the settings but I didn't see any way of eliminating it.

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:37 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X-T2 Annoying zooming in when shooting

The only way I can duplicate you finding is to push the back command wheel while pressing the shutter. I'll be interested in hearing from more experienced Fuji shooters. Maybe they know of a hidden setting.

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:11 AM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · X-T2 Annoying zooming in when shooting

Like James, that was my first thought.

Nov 12, 2016 at 01:37 AM
pompo
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · X-T2 Annoying zooming in when shooting

The EVF doesn't really zoom in like when you checking focus, I may have described it using the wrong words. When I push the shutter and shoot, the black border where all my settings are showing, disappear and the central part, ( the whole image) becomes bigger since it fills in the whole EVF.

James R wrote:
The only way I can duplicate you finding is to push the back command wheel while pressing the shutter. I'll be interested in hearing from more experienced Fuji shooters. Maybe they know of a hidden setting.

Nov 12, 2016 at 09:40 AM
mdelrossi
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · X-T2 Annoying zooming in when shooting

Do you have the preview on in playback?
On mine the NR, card slot, histogram, and remaining shot counter disappear when the shutter is half depressed.
When I take the shot for brief (.5) sec the photo appears and fills the frame, then disappears. Thus giving the impression of zooming in.
Is that what you're talking about?

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:33 AM
pompo
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · X-T2 Annoying zooming in when shooting

It is actually the image showing..at least progress is made...I had that SCREEN SETTING > IMAGE DISPLAY set to OFF though, so I don't understand why the image would be showing, even if it is for a very very short time it interrupts the live view. It doesn't seem like there is a way of getting rid of it.

mdelrossi wrote:
On mine the NR, card slot, histogram, and remaining shot counter disappear when the shutter is half depressed.
When I take the shot for brief (.5) sec the photo appears and fills the frame, then disappears. Thus giving the impression of zooming in.

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:29 AM
pompo
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · X-T2 Annoying zooming in when shooting

mdelrossi wrote:

Yes! I found how to disable that finally! Pressing the DISP BACK...wooot thank you very much1

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:51 AM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · X-T2 Annoying zooming in when shooting

And life is good again. . Glad you worked it out.

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:46 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.