Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · #736 Last Breaths

gvg45
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #736 Last Breaths

Having watched another Double-crested Cormorant die about 30mins prior, I noticed this Cormorant showing the same symptoms.

I captured its last few breaths.

Thank you for viewing & your consideration.

~Greg

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:02 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #736 Last Breaths

Subject - check
Strong Composition - check
Moment - double check
Light - check
Emotional Impact - triple check

You captured an amazing moment in time that not many of us have ever witnessed let alone perfectly captured in an image such as you have done here.
Very few wildlife images have had the emotional impact that this images has had on me personally.

I've already told you that I do not like this image and why. That has not changed.

However, I must put my emotions aside and consider the elements of what makes for a powerful image.

Although there are many other fantastic images presented here this week, you leave me no choice other than to give you my vote this week. IMHO you nailed every one of those elements and then some with this image.

It's very sad, but this is such a powerful image that I have not been able to get out of my head since I first viewed it over in N&W.

Well done Greg!

Dave

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:45 AM
gvg45
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #736 Last Breaths

lighthound wrote:
Subject - check
Strong Composition - check
Moment - double check
Light - check
Emotional Impact - triple check

You captured an amazing moment in time that not many of us have ever witnessed let alone perfectly captured in an image such as you have done here.
Very few wildlife images have had the emotional impact that this images has had on me personally.

I've already told you that I do not like this image and why. That has not changed.

However, I must put my emotions aside and consider the elements of what makes for a powerful image.

Although there are many other fantastic images
...Show more

Thank you so much Dave.

I very much appreciate your comments and am so humbled by your words.

~Greg

Nov 17, 2016 at 07:16 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.