New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · My thoughts on D750

ahaug
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · My thoughts on D750

Really depends on what you want from the camera. For wedding work, it d750 all the way for me. I don't need 36mp or the extra weight or the decrease in high iso performance. It would be my nikon choice for landscapes or studio work though. If your not printing big .... d750 wins.

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:39 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · My thoughts on D750

Chris Dees wrote:
You're comparing the weight of the D750 without battery to the D810 with battery (your image is right).
The difference is only 140gm
BTW the D750 and D500 are almost the same in weight (10mg in favor of the D750).
I guess the successor of the D810 will be about that as well.

Thanks Chris You are correct, and I have changed the specs. I was going by the DPR site for comparisons which some specs are not right.

Nov 13, 2016 at 04:34 PM
ArizonaImage
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · My thoughts on D750

RexGig0 wrote:
The D750's deeper gripping areas, for the right hand and fingers, really appealed to me; very nice. The "consumer" controls did not appeal, and it had nothing to do with being a professional or consumer, but having to deal with yet another set of differing controls. (I was already regularly using Canon 5D-/7D-series and Nikon D700 cameras.) Being limited to 1/4000 was another negative, but not a deal-breaker.

I very nearly bought a D810, but reasoned that low-light AF would probably be significantly improved in its successor. I bought a 5Ds R, to try "FX" high-resolution. I do not make money
...Show more

I was looking at the 5DSR as well, but, its performance is honestly not on par with the now 2+ year old D810. With the same glass, you won't tell a difference between the 5DSR and D810. Plus, the D810 has WAY better ISO performance, DR, video and so on.

Edited on Nov 21, 2016 at 10:54 PM · View previous versions

Nov 15, 2016 at 01:46 PM
RexGig0
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · My thoughts on D750

SouthwestS2K wrote:
I was looking at the 5DSR as well, but, its performance is honestly not on part with the D810. With the same glass, you won't tell a difference between the 5DSR and D810. Plus, the D810 has WAY better ISO performance, DR, video and so on.

True, but a D810 cannot be used with a couple of my favored Canon lenses, or my Canon Speedlites. Moreover, I bought the 5Ds R to team my 7D II cameras' near-identical controls and menus, mostly during daylight, for birds and wildlife. My Nikons are my evening/night/low-light cameras; my next new Nikon body might be a D5, though a significant improvement in low-light AF capability would prompt me to strongly consider a D810 successor.

Nov 16, 2016 at 09:08 AM
ArizonaImage
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · My thoughts on D750

RexGig0 wrote:
True, but a D810 cannot be used with a couple of my favored Canon lenses, or my Canon Speedlites. Moreover, I bought the 5Ds R to team my 7D II cameras' near-identical controls and menus, mostly during daylight, for birds and wildlife. My Nikons are my evening/night/low-light cameras; my next new Nikon body might be a D5, though a significant improvement in low-light AF capability would prompt me to strongly consider a D810 successor.

Idk, I didn't like the image coming out of the 5D whatsoever. I love the 64-ISO on the D810. But, I think I am waiting on the D810 successor. I hope Nikon releases another dynamic range king. Even slightly better detail is ok, doesn't even have to be dramatic since the D810 is just insanely good. I think regardless, the D810 replacement will have lots of loyal Canon owners rushing towards Nikon. The 5D Mark IV wasn't worth the wait according to lots of Canon 5D enthusiasts. Nikon has a chance to swoop them up like they did with the D500.

Nov 16, 2016 at 04:51 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.