New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · LR catalog question

CosmicCruiser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LR catalog question

I've had this before and still wrestle with the solution. The other I'm in LR CC. I have an external HD that has all the photos on it. While editing, my graphics card failed and I'm dead in the water. I have no choice but to unplug the HD without proper shutdown. I get the card replaced and today I try to open LR. When I click on LR Cat.lrcat it tries to open LR 3 and says it can't support the photos on the HD. Nowhere can I find LRCC. It seems to default to LR3 for some reason. I really don't want to call Adobe support if I can find the solution here. thanks, robert

Nov 08, 2016 at 10:16 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LR catalog question

it sounds like the file your clicking on is an older LR3 cat file .
run a search for files ending in .lrcat

you can double click on any locate file and it will launch into LR using that Catalogue .

Now this is going to be like shutting the stable door but You do backup your Lightroom don't you ?

Its good practice to backup LR when it closes . or at least have it ask you if you want to backup and then say yes when you've done any editing .
LR6/CC compresses the backup file now so you don't now have a bunch of 1Gb+ files to store . typically a 1GB(ish) cat file compresses down to about 150mb

Nov 09, 2016 at 01:52 AM
CosmicCruiser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LR catalog question

Thanks Ian. Can I just go to Finder (Mac) and delete older ver. of LR? yes, I do back ups every few days. I finally opened Adobe Cloud and found an update to LR & PS. After I did the update then the .lrcat re identified LRCC. weird

Nov 09, 2016 at 09:53 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.